MAGLITE BULB TLE300M

DocD

Enlightened
hi docd from the uk
MAGLITE BULB TLE300M
Has any of you guy and girls know how to make this conversion work in a maglite 2D
i've been told to use diffrent batteries but i don't know which one's to use
so any help would be great many thanks pflooter

DocD

Enlightened
hi docd from the uk
MAGLITE BULB TLE300M
Has any of you guy and girls know how to make this conversion work in a maglite 2D
i've been told to use diffrent batteries but i don't know which one's to use
so any help would be great many thanks pflooter
got to say 89 looks at maybe a very simple question and not one reply got to say just a little disapointed:mecry: thought this was a forum to ask a Q on but not maybe as no one want's to help O well there you go ever body hate the english any way:crackup:

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of getting some protected D size rechargabel lithiums. Not sure if they were from Kai or Deal Extreme, but 3.7v X 2 = 7.4v is enough to run this right.

My understanding is that it needs 6v for full brightness. I run mine off of a 6v mag charger stick ( equal to 3D's in length ) and it's good and very bright. I also run it off of 3 D nimh's, 1.2v X 3 = 3.6v, and it is still plenty bright.

I'm still open for options on running this thing.....it says it can go up to 24v.

Hope this helps.

Bill

copperfox

Enlightened
Well chap, sometimes you've got to wait more than 20 minutes for a response.

To answer your question, you can use a 6AA to 2D adapter which will allow you to use six rechargeable AAs. This would provide about 8.5 volts fully charged. There are a couple threads in the Mod BST forum where you can purchase them. :thumbsup:

tempman

Newly Enlightened
Well chap, sometimes you've got to wait more than 20 minutes for a response.

To answer your question, you can use a 6AA to 2D adapter which will allow you to use six rechargeable AAs. This would provide about 8.5 volts fully charged. There are a couple threads in the Mod BST forum where you can purchase them. :thumbsup:

I think he waited 72 hrs and 20 mins.

erik2929

Newly Enlightened
Contact fivemega on here and get a 6AA to 2D adapter. I'm doing the same mod at the moment and I'm just waiting for his adapter to get here to make my light work. I'm not sure which AA batteries I'll be using yet but the TLE300M will allow me to choose from a broader range of batteries. :thumbsup:

dougie

Enlightened
Hoping I won't confuse you but the simplest and probably the quickest way to get up and running would be to use 3 x CR123 lithium batteries. You can either use primary cells or rechargeables.

All you require is some electrical tape and a small length of pvc pipe in which to place the cells. Wrap the tape around the pvc pipe at both ends to ensure a tight fit in the D size body and then with pliers adjust the tail spring slightly to ensure a good contact with the battery. Simple!

I have both a C & D size Maglite utilizing this mod and it works really well. Of course the real beauty is that the Mod is easily reversible should you feel so inclined.

Doug:)

DocD

Enlightened
well today the TLE300M turned up and I fitted it to my 6D and i was very happy with the result :)
Took dougie advice and fitted it to my 2D using 4 cr123a 3.7,1000ma,some plastic pipe,roll of tape,a repair washer 1/4" by 1,1/4" and 4x12 pan head screw and 15mins later the job was done and again very happy with the result :)
i have no idea how long the cr123 would last but they add up to 14.8 volt or even they could cause damage the bulb ?

erik2929

Newly Enlightened
I just got my 2D Mag together with my TLE300M as well and I just used the fivemega 6AA to 2D adapter with 6 regular alkalines. Holymoly this thing is BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for my Li-Ion's to get here!!!!

dougie

Enlightened
DocD

The specs for the TLE300M say up to 24 volts DC so you are well within the operating range for the module. Although if you are worried you can always make a spacer and operate the module at a lower input and accept reduced run time.

Now you are up and running you can either investigate multi AA rechargeable battery carriers or alternative batteries.

Doug:)

happychap

Newly Enlightened
Another alternative in a 2 D Mag is 2x 14500 3.7v rechargeable lithium AA batteries with two AA to D battery adaptors. You will need to ensure the spring makes good contact with the base of the narrower AA batteries by adjusting with pliers.

The runtime will not be great, about 20 minutes I think, but you could carry charged spares and you have a rechargeable solution.

DocD

Enlightened
A big thanks to all for you replys and any one had a chance to run this bulb at 24v i,m looking to get as near 24v, but as a noobie i just don't know what to use:eek:
how many,and what type of battery could you put into a m*g 2D to get close to 24volts?
i'm going to try 6 cr123a, 880ma proteced and see what run times i get (magnets and heatshrink)and battery packish this add up to 22.2 volts
also got a 6D any battery mod for the" long fat one " as my wife calls it:)

a i read other parts of this forum a lots of members maybe cut down a 2D i think members call it a 1D or 1d 85 or is this some only you guys get in the usa? and thanks again

dougie

Enlightened
Just a friendly word of warning/advice. Magnets have a bad habit of coming adrift and causing shorts and even if you can get to a higher voltage that wont make the light any more powerful than it would be at 12 volts. If you are looking for longer run times then you need more amps rather than more volts.

Your best bet would be to try to find someone who could make you a couple of high amp rechargeable battery packs?