What Bulb is good for SureFire 6P?

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
I am so unsure what to go with. LED or incandescent. Can you guys give me your inputs. ALSO what bulbs are good for LED and incandescent.

USM0083

Enlightened
I am so unsure what to go with. LED or incandescent. Can you guys give me your inputs. ALSO what bulbs are good for LED and incandescent.

Are you looking for output or runtime. Indoor or outdoor use?

Incans tend to bring out details better outdoors. I would recommend Lumens Factory lamps for incans, because they have different lamps that can accomodate rechargeables.

LEDs can be as bright or brighter with a much longer runtime, but the tint can vary by bin and brand, and depending on the surrounding light sources, get washed out. If you are using it as a serious tool, get a Malkoff, Bugout Gear, or Wolf-eyes/PTS dropin. Otherwise, a DX dropin (I have a R2 Cree) is alright.

A Surefire P60L is "only" 80 lumens, but has good tint and output, and excellent runtime. I keep a G2L in my car, and find 80 lumens (torch lumens) to be more than enough.

generic808

Enlightened
Any P60 style lamp will fit your 6P. I prefer LED's for brightness and longer runtimes. Incans do give better color rendition, but I'm all about output :candle:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not much of an incan guy, so the only ones I could recommend are LEDs.

Malkoff's M60 (235+ lms), M60L (140+ lms), and M60LL (80 lms) are probably the best that I could think off. Which one you pick depends on whether you want more brightness or more runtime.

I heard Wolf-Eyes also have good drop in as well (http://www.pts-flashlights.com/category.aspx?uid=1-25-114). They just came out with the Cree R2 bin.

I also heard that bugoutgearusa has good drop in (http://bugoutgearusa.com/flac2.html).

There was a thread a while back that compared the three drop-ins mentioned above. I only have the M60 and M60L, so I cannot say much about the WE and BOG's drop-ins.

This thread should be helpful for you if you're looking for: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=193992

tposs01

Newly Enlightened
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a quality regulated, multi-mode LED module that will handle 2 rechargeable 123s (i.e. in a 6P)? Seem like most quote a voltage suitable only for 1-2 non-rechargeables.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I recall correctly, Wolf Eyes makes some tactical-style multimode (2 mode?) modules like that.

Xlanc, you don't really need to upgrade the 6P, it's pretty impressive out of the box. That said, the Lumens Factory bulbs are some of the most-loved incandescent lamp upgrades here, with voltages to suit rechargeables as well as primary cells.

For LEDs, I'm pretty fond of my Malkoff - throws like a pocket spotlight, excellent mid-range light with enough output to make an average household room comfortably bright to walk in with a ceiling bounce. I also considered a few from DealExtreme, but eventually decided against it - first when I decided I wanted a 3p (lol, expensive) and then when I realized that I could afford the M60. Lots of people like DX part #6090; it's very well-documented, and supports a very wide range of operating voltages - 3v to 18v, or 1 to 6 123a cells.

Any way you slice it, that little gem's gonna shine.

Fird

Enlightened
Dereelight makes some sweet dropins, regulated multi-mode. Get the "multi-power" units for cr123, and rcr123 options in the same light.

www.dereelight.com OR check out the cpf marketplace

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
You could wait a while and get a surefire P61LED lamp assembly. That or you could go with the M60.

tposs01

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have experience with the OpticsHQ Q5 LED and tailcap kit? Looks pretty sweet to me - variable brightness, etc. There is a good review here on CPF, was just curious if any other experience with it.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Malkoff's M60 (235+ lms), M60L (140+ lms), and M60LL (80 lms) are probably the best
No probably about them, they are the best:D

Get the kit from Sandwich Shoppe (look under CPF Custom Builders and Modders), which converts the standard twisty to a two stage with about 30 lumends low, full output on high. Killer combo that I use every morning & evening with the M60.

Get the M60LL for a light that runs & runs with great beam quality but less output. Or the M60L if that better suits your needs. All three are awesome.