Best 1xAA for me?

klinquist

Newly Enlightened
This forum is addictive. You see, I started reading threads thinking to myself, "man, these guys are odd."

A few days later, I'm thinking to myself, "Hm. I need some more flashlights.."

So I bought an Romisen RC-F4 after seeing the multitude of stars-rating in the Budget round-up thread. I'm pretty happy with it... or I was... until I started reading about other flashlights being microprocessor controlled and having memory. These things fascinate me. :)

In my real-life uses, I've found the Romisen to be too bright. I've sort of discovered that I don't need that much throw - I prefer spill. I'm usually using these lights while working on my vehicles, behind a dark server rack, or in a camping tent. In other words, tight spaces where lots of throw and a hot spot does more harm than good.

I'm looking for something a bit more compact that uses a single AA.

I want a light with memory.

Right now, the Nitecore D10 is at the top of the list, but I don't have others to compare it to. At this point I'm simply looking for a short list of others in that price range that have memory that I should be considering. I can search the forum once I know what I should be searching for.

Thanks!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The JetBeam Jet-I PRO IBS - 1XAA with *three* memories and infinitely variable brightness; set any of the three modes to whatever output level (from 2 to 130 on a standard AA, blasting out to 225 with a 14500 Li-ion) or strobe/signal mode you want. It's a bit bigger and a bit more throw-oriented than the D10, but you can't beat the interface and range of output/options.

klinquist

Newly Enlightened
The JetBeam Jet-I PRO IBS - 1XAA with *three* memories and infinitely variable brightness; set any of the three modes to whatever output level (from 2 to 130 on a standard AA, blasting out to 225 with a 14500 Li-ion) or strobe/signal mode you want. It's a bit bigger and a bit more throw-oriented than the D10, but you can't beat the interface and range of output/options.

Thanks!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what you are doing, I would take a good look at the Zebralight H50.
Love mine and don't think I will ever part with it.

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
Proton pro for me, AA and fully adjustable out put. Up to 1000 candlepower on demand , 1.4 watt cree, small red for niteviz and very low low when needed.