Looking for a floody 1x123

crocodilo

Enlightened
As per title, I'm looking for something for indoor use and close work, either multimode or single. Long runtime, good floody beam, small size, reliable. Use intended is to complement a Surefire E2DL in EDC.

Don't bother suggesting Fenixes, EX10 or Bitz, I already have (and love) those. The Surefire optics are also out (also have my fair share of those).

Pricing around $100. Looking for solid quality, neither boutique lights nor bargain basement.

Thanks for any suggestions.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak McKinley, or possibly another model.
Call Peak at 877-881-7325 (toll-free). Their website is not that informative, but they are great on the phone. One reason for this is that there are a lot of choices that can be made with each model if you wish. Runtime, brightness, tint and materials [hard-ano, brass, stainless, Ti] among others.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower LM33 meets your requirements and can be powered with a primary CR123 or with an RCR123: link

You can even find it here in Europe at a good price (€ 30 shipped): link

:wave:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 100 lumen model of the RA Twisty is probably a nice compliment to an E2DL. I just need to find some beamshots of it!

crocodilo

Enlightened
People, your replies are very much appreciated, I will look into them. :twothumbs

But...

-Novatac - never had one, but got the impression that it's body is much wider than the E2DL, and that may pose a problem for me. I can do wide, I can do tall, I cannot do both.

-Zebralight - dang, forgot to mention that one... Already have one, great light BTW, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I want mostly flood, not all flood.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had any trouble making an existing light more floody -- there are a number of materials you can put in front to diffuse the light. I've put Scotch "Magic" tape (matte finish) over the lens of several lights for this purpose(*) -- it works great, and is easily removed if needed. Light loss is an insignificant 15% or so.

(*) P1D modified with SSC emitter -- with tape it'll light up a whole camp site at once; an EOS headlamp modified with SSC emitter -- with tape it's great for reading and hiking, otherwise too spotty; and an Arc AAA red I use for reading charts etc. when night flying.

c_c

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Zebalight that is pure flood....I prefer an Amilite T5, as it is floody yet bright with two levels/fits nicely in pocket.

click here for review

150810463_JpCFy-M.jpg

150810447_kLH6T-M-1.jpg

150810521_gBmm7-S.jpg

Rob187

Enlightened
Piercelight M10w or M10i.

Not made anymore but fits your criteria perfectly. Uses Lux III, 2 selectable power levels, quoted at 80 lumens on high, 2 hour run time on low. With the wide optic, it produces a beautiful even flood of light, perfect for indoors or working in tight spaces.

You might be able to pick one up in B/S/T but it won't be mine... I like it too much.

Xak

Enlightened
+1 on the Amilite T5. Mine has a perfect beam. It's brightest in the middle, but has no true hotspot. You could drown in the flood.

Monocrom

Flashaholic