HID Beam Pics

Patriot

Flashaholic
BVH ruined if for everyone....no fair! :p

Team Member, your pics look great and very artistic. Seeing the PH50 and N30 illustrated like that is impressive.

P.S. I can't take credit for initiating this thread even though my name was somehow attached to it, due to the time stamp issues. Team Member was the original poster if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
EDIT: I posted in the wrong place, sorry

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
what kind of light is that flashanator?

That is Flashanator's awesome "VT-110 HID". It is 20 million candlepower spotlight that comes stock with twin halogen bulbs, which he replaced with two high-wattage HID bulbs. It is really an amazing light!

EDIT: I am not sure why my new posts are displaying at the top of the page...:confused:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
bxstylex.

its my VTO120.

take a stock vector Twin VCE192.

Mod it with (automotive 55w/43w output HID Kits) & then overdrive the ballasts at 60w @ the bulb. 120w output total vs. 84w standard.

It has a safe runtime of 15-20mins in cool weather. After that ballasts get too hot.

BVH has his with 2 xeray 75w output ballasts. 16,000 + Lumens & quality fatboy HID bulbs. Thats what I hope to make soon.

EDIT: dunno why this thread is all mixed up????

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Looks like a time warp going on here!

I'm sitting here belly laughing at the way the threads are posting and my initial confusion about it. When I saw your comment I started laughing harder to the point of my facial muscles getting tired. I guess it was just the idea of so many people all thinking to themselves...."what the heck" all at the same time...lol :crackup:

A bit off-topic, but this thread is all out of order for me. Does anyone else see that? Post #1 is Patriot36 commenting on BVH's beamshots, and what looks like the first post is #9...

Morepower!

Enlightened
Below are a couple of beam shots of my focusable mod at ~42W. I hope to be able to do a couple of comparison shots later on at ~90W. Also seeing the pics of the PH50 next to the N30 I have to ask the question, is the PH50 really 4300K ?? Looks more towards the 6000K mark to me in that comparison shot. I don't know, anyone got any thoughts on that ?

BeamShotSpot2.jpg

BeamShotFlood1.jpg

Team Member

Enlightened
I can´t help it... I just LOVE all those beam pics that people tend to show now and then, of how good the beam from their flashlight stretches out towards the sky. Or towards anything actually...

But the beam that a HID produce is really something special :twothumbs

So this thread is for all of you who feel the same as I do..

First up is a pic with a PH50 on the left and a N30 on the right.
ph50on30beamcpfdk1.jpg

PH50 stretches out over the field..
ph50beamcpfyg4.jpg

And this one was taken just an hour ago..
PH50 out in the field...
ph50fieldbeamcpfpb0.jpg

Let´s see some pics guy´s :thumbsup:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres my $12.00 HID.
It started as a standard 12 million candlepower light and I added a bulb and ballest that a friend gave me for free..

My beamshot sucks, but I wanted to join in:wave:

072.jpg

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
BVH said:
Looks like a time warp going on here!

ROTFLMAO... let's do the time warp again! (it's just a jump to the left...) :D

Damn these HID lights perform great, y'all closet Star Wars/Lightsaber fans eh? :p

Last edited: