Surefire 6P w/ tactical head wont light?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a surefire 6p with Malkoff 60p bulb it lights up without the ebay tactical head bezel, but when I screw the head bezel in all the way it doesn't light up.

If I unscrew the tactical head 3 turns it lights up.

How can I screw it all the way in while making it still work?

Also, what causes this?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
So, when you use the 6P head it works ok, but when you use the "tactical head" it only lights up when you turn it out three turns. You are losing electrical contact when you screw it all the way in. Take a close look at the tactical head. What is different about it compared to the Surefire head? The inside of the 6P is all bare aluminum and the easiest light to make negative electrical contact with the Malkoff. I am trying to visualize it, but don't see the problem, but of course, I do no own a non surefire tactical head.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Suggestion, add in Malkoff M60 to your thread title. This will get the Malkoff M60 people interested real quick.

Bill

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this is related or not, but you think this would help?

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop2...s_id=6&zenid=as29ipiv1m5au7d7oaijjchbf5djggln

beryllium.jpg

Last edited:

Gene43

Enlightened
I suspect that the Ebay head is a little deeper than the 6P head. You probably need the shock washer or something similar to take up the extra space. I know that Solar Force heads create this issue.

Gene

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect that the Ebay head is a little deeper than the 6P head. You probably need the shock washer or something similar to take up the extra space. I know that Solar Force heads create this issue.

Gene

That is exactly it. The head space in the tactical ebay version is deeper and I see a gap. I was thinking of putting a ring made of some metal around it to fill the void, but what material can it be?

Thanks,

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene

In fact that is the name of the tactical head.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene
You are correct, Solar Force is the tactical head.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene

Correct, I have the spiked Solar Force that is one piece. When I put in the bulb there tends to be a void. I dont have a metal to put in it, but what type of metal can I stick there? paperclip, aluminum foil, ect..

LumenMan

Enlightened

Gene

This is my experience with these head assemblies as well. What I did on mine was snip a small "ring" off the bottom of the large spring. I then slipped this "ring" around the drop in. Problem solved ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I took you folks advise. I got a wire coat hanger bent it around the base of the light into a circle. It worked. It now srews all the way in and lights up on every click and doesn't rattle.:twothumbs Here is the picture of the work. Again, thank you all.

PA300125.jpg

PA300123.jpg

Scattergun

Enlightened
Changing the bezelring won´t change anything (they aren´t even the same threadsize).
The tactical heads have a little more room, thus making them perfect for aftermarket LED-modules, but not to well suited to the smaller assemblies like the Malkoff. The G&P heads come with a aluminium ring that is supposed to go in front of the lampassembly when used with Surefire original lamps. This way the extra space is taken up by the ring.
These rings also work in the solarforce tactical heads.