New JETBeam Element E3 and E3P

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found this advertisement of the JETBeam Element E3 and E3P in a German online shop. They look really great. Didn't expect JETBeam to come up with something like this. Didn't see anything about them here and thought you might be interested. Seems that it should be a special for christmas.

rayman

Last edited:

copperfox

Enlightened
They look classy.
Aluminum, stainless steel, or titanium?
What type of cell do they use?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are some seriously nice looking flashlights! I'm pretty sure that 120 lumens for 90 on a single AA cell is impossible though. Hopefully these lights will be efficient on both levels.

krazy89

Enlightened
HAHA... man... it's like the cash is outta my wallet already....

dang those are sweet.... i wonder if that P in E3P stands for Piston????

KraZy

krazy89

Enlightened
hey Yapo.... dear god i hope you're wrong! :naughty:

i LOVE the IBS engine... and if they put the PD system into it... i think my addiction will be over... (ok... maybe not...)

if it's just a metal button on top of a clickie switch... that would be stupid... really no point...

KraZy

youreacrab

Enlightened
Just founds this advertisement of the JETBeam Element E3 and E3P in a German online shop. They look really great. Didn't expect JETBeam to come up with something like this. Didn't see anything about them here and thought you might be interested. Seems that it should be a special for christmas.

rayman

excellent knurling!

beeboy02

Newly Enlightened
element12fz2.jpg

jbe1lt1fp1.jpg

:D

Haz

Enlightened
Jetbeam do make asthetically pleasing lights as always. However i'm keen to know how the run-time will be in these lights. Historically, they have been rather weak in the design in efficiency in AAA and AA lights. Most perform poorly to specs and don't seem to have efficiency on the near level to the likes of Fenix and Nitecore. I'm keen to see them improve in this area and hope that the runtime in these lights do meet the specs that are given.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
This is essentially a Jetbeam take on the Fenix L1T.

Looks very nice. Wait for the Ti version though ;-)

gnarf!

Newly Enlightened
Reminds me of my very first "hi powered" LED flashlight: A shiny LED Lenser V6 (I know, i know … it was a gift. :whistle: ).

gnarf!

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Ya. No IBS, no PD, this is just a simple light, quite simple.

The material is stainless steel, E3 uses a Q2 class LED and E3P is a Q5. Only accepts Alkaline or Ni-MH/Ni-Cd, CAN NOT use with Li-ion. I think the reason could be as follow:1, IBS system runs BAD with a single AA, for the efficiency is very low. 2, stainless steel is not able to cool the LED down when it is fully working.

Both E3 and E3P have a forward clickie, even E3P's switch cap is also metal. Both E3 and E3P have anti-reverse battery design(is it called like this?). Both E3 and E3P have only two modes ---- high and low, changed by twist the head.

So it is a simple light with simple appearance, simple functioning, simple usage. And that's what I like most.

BTW: I'm going to buy myself one.:twothumbs