Looking for interchangeable parts

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
Please help me find what I'm looking for.

I'm been looking a set of flashlights that all use interchangeable parts. Ideally, I'd be able to:

(1) Switch tubes for any number of any kind of batteries. 1, 2, 3, or 4 123A batteries. 1 or 2 18650 batteries. 14500 batteries. AAs, Cs, Ds, etc. Most of these should be mountable in 1 inch rings, for easy weapons mounting.

Ultrafire has 6p, 9p, 12p, WF-501B/C/D, WF-502A/B/C/D lights. At the very least, they support (b) x2 123A & x1 18650 (c) x3 123A (d) x2 123A & x2 18650 batteries.

(2) Swap out heads - I want a slim head, a large head to focus the light as a thrower, an expensive head that's focusable, and maybe a multi-emitter head. I also need filters for IR and UV for the heads. I would like every head available with a short rim (for compactness) a long rim (to avoid giving myself away from the side) and a striker head for hand-to-hand.

(3) In most heads, I'd like to see swappable emitters. P60 emitters are great, with xenon, 225 lumen LEDs, UV, IR, and 30mW lasers currently available. These emitters include the driver, which is really great. I'd only want drivers that work in a very wide voltage range, so they can be swapped among many lights.

The list of P60 emitters and lights was very valuable. Thank you.

(4) I need to have all the modes I want, and none that I don't. For example, in a weapons mounted light I might need ON / OFF or STROBE / OFF and nothing else. I might want to specify 100% / 10% / OFF.

(5) Swappable tail caps, including traditional switches, MC switches, and remote pressure switches.

Does anyone have a source for a better option, or for parts for the Ultrafire series I've mentioned?

Andy

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please help me find what I'm looking for.

I'm been looking a set of flashlights that all use interchangeable parts. Ideally, I'd be able to:

(1) Switch tubes for any number of any kind of batteries. 1, 2, 3, or 4 123A batteries. 1 or 2 18650 batteries. 14500 batteries. AAs, Cs, Ds, etc. Most of these should be mountable in 1 inch rings, for easy weapons mounting.

Ultrafire has 6p, 9p, 12p, WF-501B/C/D, WF-502A/B/C/D lights. At the very least, they support (b) x2 123A & x1 18650 (c) x3 123A (d) x2 123A & x2 18650 batteries.

(2) Swap out heads - I want a slim head, a large head to focus the light as a thrower, an expensive head that's focusable, and maybe a multi-emitter head. I also need filters for IR and UV for the heads. I would like every head available with a short rim (for compactness) a long rim (to avoid giving myself away from the side) and a striker head for hand-to-hand.

(3) In most heads, I'd like to see swappable emitters. P60 emitters are great, with xenon, 225 lumen LEDs, UV, IR, and 30mW lasers currently available. These emitters include the driver, which is really great. I'd only want drivers that work in a very wide voltage range, so they can be swapped among many lights.

The list of P60 emitters and lights was very valuable. Thank you.

(4) I need to have all the modes I want, and none that I don't. For example, in a weapons mounted light I might need ON / OFF or STROBE / OFF and nothing else. I might want to specify 100% / 10% / OFF.

(5) Swappable tail caps, including traditional switches, MC switches, and remote pressure switches.

Does anyone have a source for a better option, or for parts for the Ultrafire series I've mentioned?

Andy

Man, Ultrafire will not get you anywhere eaqsily (too few options, too low quality etc)

Wfat you need is surefire. a 2-cell leaf aftermarket body, with leef cell extneders, a Surefire turbohead, a M2 bezel various drop-ins, a Lightsaver blitzer tailcap, and OptiqsHQ tailcap, etc etc....

we are talking lots of bucks and lots of reading for you...
good luck, kostas

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire is definetly the way to go when looking to lego stuff. Note that in you can use x AA batteries in a 3x CR123A body or any kind.

Crenshaw

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
precisely....tomorrow I am making a module with a DX15880 driver will let you know how it goes in a new thread