Are 3P parts interchangeable with new SF parts?

isc

Newly Enlightened
As per the title... Am I able to replace the old style round bezel on the 3P presently in transit to me with a new 6P anti roll item?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all intents and purposes (except the lamp and batteries), your 3P is a single cell 6P body.

Might I also suggest a lock-out tailcap for that? If the 3P you're getting comes with the original tailcap, it is most likely the older style that does not "lock out".

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all intents and purposes (except the lamp and batteries), your 3P is a single cell 6P body.

Might I also suggest a lock-out tailcap for that? If the 3P you're getting comes with the original tailcap, it is most likely the older style that does not "lock out".

If so, hang onto it - it's useful with certain 17670 li-ion configurations, where there's no way to latch the newer lock-out tailcaps into the incredibly useful "ON" position. Even if you think you'll never use li-ion cells, it's worth hanging onto.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is one example of a FiveMega 1x16340 body with an anti-roll 6P bezel and non-LOTC.

FiveMega3P.jpg

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same setup with a Malkoff M30WF that I just got all together last night. It is amazing and I think it is quickly becoming my favorite flashlight.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
If so, hang onto it - it's useful with certain 17670 li-ion configurations, where there's no way to latch the newer lock-out tailcaps into the incredibly useful "ON" position. Even if you think you'll never use li-ion cells, it's worth hanging onto.

You can't turn a twistie to constant on with a 17670?? Does that apply to all surefire lockout tailcaps or do clickies work fine???

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You can't turn a twistie to constant on with a 17670?? Does that apply to all surefire lockout tailcaps or do clickies work fine???

Not sure what Chrontius meant by that. Something to do with overall length? All twisty tailcaps, including lock out tailcaps, should work constant on when tailcap is turned all the way in.

Bill

Last edited: