$50 Single AA Flashlight?

nirvanaxp

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering which flashlight you guys recommend for a single AA led flashlight for around 50 bucks. I have been eying a Fenix Digital L1D, but was wondering if any of you have found a similar or better flashlight out there.

Moka

Enlightened
Try here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186665

The NiteCore D10, Photon Proton Pro, Fenix LD10 are also ones to look up the reviews for.

+1 on that...

A great roundup, I'm currently trying to decide more or less the same question...
If its not too far out of your budget you could get the D10, with the 8% @ 4sevens with "CPF8" brings it down to about $55, thats the frontrunner in my hunt at the moment...:thumbsup:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Try here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186665

The NiteCore D10, Photon Proton Pro, Fenix LD10 are also ones to look up the reviews for.
Thanks for the link, sorry that thread is a bit out of date. I plan to do a new 1AA round-up soon, that will include all the lights from my recent 1AA reviews - plus a few extras, like the Eagletac P10A, Fenix LD10, Photon Proton Pro, Lumapower Connexion X2 and Olight T15 (2008+ edition).

In the meantime, my various stand-alone reviews can be found in the main listing in my sig. :)

And if it helps any, the 2xAA round-up review should at least give you a feel for the overall build quality and relative performance of a few of the new players.

Last edited:

edc3

Enlightened
Nitecore D10 or EagleTac P10A. D10 has variable brightness and is smaller. P10A has a simpler UI and is a little brighter. I've got an L1D, but I'm not wild about the UI. Just my personal preference. YMMV. :welcome:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using the Olight T-15 for over a year now. I can say without a doubt that it is well worth the $50 you pay for it.

Xak

Enlightened
You should try the Lumapower ConneXion X2. It has three modes, high-med-low, last mode memory, forward clickie, can tailstand, is known for having kick *** runtimes/regulation, has a tight spot and loads of flood.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hard to go wrong, most of the ~$50 1xAA lights that you will find discussed here a lot are really incredible.

My advise: Pick the one with the interface and modes you want most. Some people prefer simpler interfaces with less modes, others want more complex options on the table, or a balance somewhere in-between. Don't worry too much about lumen ratings, if it has a modern Cree emitter it's going to make ordinary full size flashlights look like they belong in the kids department. The difference between a "100" and "200" lumen rating is enough to notice if you compare side by side, but won't make much if any difference in practical use, as pretty much all 1xAA cree lights are going to have *similar* beam patterns.

Eric

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a tiablo coming out, you may want to wait for it to be abit mroe discussed..

Crenshaw