Maglite ouput

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I've tried to find the rated output of The 2AA LED Mag, with no luck.

Does anyone know how many lumens it produces?

GPB

Enlightened
you should take a look at the Flashlight-reviews.com. I believe the light is rated there with a value given for "overall output" . Then if you read further there is a factor that Output/factor= lumens. (There is a different factor for incans and leds )

Good Luck !

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Just under 40 lumens on fresh batteries, but Mag's "energy management" regulation isn't quite up to spec, so the light averages most of its slowly declining runtime at around 66% brightness - roughly 26 lumens.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
check out the mag incandesent stacked against various mag dropins. pretty sad. it will take you a minute to find the mag incandesent. (unless you start looking in the bottom left corner) lovecpf

rockz4532

Enlightened
40 lumens max for 3-4 hours (light output declines after usage, ie. semi regulated)

Last edited:

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I was comparing it to some of my other lights and It seemed to me to be about 30-40.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine honestly spent most of its time pushing around 15. I never had spare batteries that often...

pipspeak

Enlightened
just stick an SMJLED in a regular 2AA mag. $7 well spent and a shorter light. :grin2: