Any Surefire 6P clones?

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm looking for a high quality Surefire 6P clone. I need to buy 150 pieces and the Surefires are too much money and above my budget.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Joe

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deal Extreme has plenty of P60 type Clones......6P type.

Lighthound is In the U.S.A. you can place youre large order and someone would actually talk to you.

They have the Solarforce complete lights in cr123 and 18650 compatible bodies depending on what you want.

I would get the Solarforce hosts that accept the 18650. Then you could get everyone a M30 to drop-in. A lot of lumens for a really long time.

Last edited:

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
They'll be used for LE. Currently we use Stingers which, imho are garbage. I use a Surefire/Malkoff combo which I'm trying to get them to switch to but the Surefire bodies will push the price out of reach. I'm hoping to be able to find a high quality body/head and switch combo and just add the Malkoff drop ins. I am also going to propose an Ultrafire charger and 6 AW 123 rechargeables or 3 18650's. I'm hoping with the volume I'll be able to get a decent deal.

I also need a body that is round like the Surefires and will fit in the Blackhawk holster.

Thanks for the responses.

Joe.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try Solarforce L2 or Ultrafire L2.
The Ultrafire L2 lights are not Surefire accessory compatible, whereas the Solarforce L2 lights are.

I am also going to propose an Ultrafire charger and 6 AW 123 rechargeables or 3 18650's
Be careful where you source Ultrafire chargers from (i.e. only buy from a trusted vendor)

If you are only looking for bodies, etc. take a look at Lighthound, as they sell Solarforce lights without the drop-ins.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen Streamlight's new Stingers? 180 lumens and multi-modes from a modern emitter with single or dual switches. You'd be able still use all your charging hardware. Poly models, too.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm looking for a high quality Surefire 6P clone. I need to buy 150 pieces and the Surefires are too much money and above my budget.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Joe
The 6P is just about the most cloned flashlight in history. So, yes, I'd say there's a couple of them around..

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Solarforce L2's and they seem very good to me. They come with reverse clickies though, if that's a consideration (no momentary on). You can replace those of course, but that'll add some $'s.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
volumerate is DX's sister company, they sell mostly the same things as DX but they are set up for large volume sales, and offer discounts for bulk purchased items. shipping is not free though (understandably).

In the volumes you are looking at a solarforce 6PD clone with Cree-Q5 emitter would cost $34.33 each.

Last edited:

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
Much as I like the 6p/Malkoff when you buy all those batteries and chargers I think you will have about as much money tied up as other good law enforcement lights and most will be covered under a lifetime warranty if there is a problem. If you are ordering 150 lights I would call around to Lighthound, Foursevens, and other flashlight and LE suppliers and see what they would recommend and what kind of deal they could give you. An order of 150 lights is pretty signifigant so you should get some decent customer service.

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. It seems the Solarforce is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll send LH an Email and see what we can work out. The batteries are the achilles heel but I think its a better alternative than primaries. I'm not doing this to save money but am doing this to get a great light at the same or less than what they currently pay for the Stingers.

Thanks again.
Joe

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Why not use SF G2's? Those are equally rugged (if not more) than the original 6P's and cost a fraction of the price.

USM0083

Enlightened
ditto. More rugged if the light might see dropping and more cold-weather friendly.

The idea of an LE agency using out-right copies of a domestic product is somewhat unsettling.

+1

I have the Solarforce L2, both in 17670 and 18650. They are very nice bodies, and the standard non-crenalated bezel is nice, but the reverse is only ok, not something I would use on duty (I'm a federal LEO). A G2/G3 with a Malkoff M60L would be perfect, for a general purpose light.

It wouldn't surprise me if you could get 6Ps for around $40-45.00 each. Knowing cops, you need the SF warranty. :crackup:

Personally, I carry a G2Z in a V70 on my weakside, with a Dereelight 1SM-1 run by primaries. On my strongside behind my holster sits a G3 with a Dereelight 3SM Q3 5A run by a pair of 17500s. I also have in my gear bag a Ultrafire WF-500/HO-R5 and a Solarforce L-900M. Both have been very reliable in use. I'm currently piecing together a ROP LE build.

Lithium ions are fine, as long as you educate the user.

Last edited:

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
The idea of an LE agency using out-right copies of a domestic product is somewhat unsettling.

I agree but was seeking out options. I have an email to Surefire but haven't heard back yet. I don't think they'll (Surefire) be too happy about using Gene's insert though. I use a Surefire and am happy to pay the price BUT the bean counters may not be so enthusiastic.

I don't think the G2 is a good option due to heat. Can't keep the Malkoff on longer than 10 minutes in a plastic host.