I'm feeling really self-conscious today!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an Aeon in my pants pocket, a L1 in my jacket pocket, and in my backpack I have a 6P, Tikka, and Arc AAA GS. I'm uber geeky today...

Last edited by a moderator:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Re: I'm feeling really self conscience today!

Today...:poke:. Well I have my Peak 3 Led Matterhorn on my house keys, my Nuwai Q3 on my work key chain, and a newish E2d in my backpack and whats in my pants pocket is for me to know and a new girlfriend or casual acquaintance to find out.

Illum

Flashaholic

Wore a pair of shorts under the khakis today to add 2 extra pockets
Aeon on the neck, Surefire E2L in the right inner pocket, Surefire A2-WH in the right outer pocket, Surefire E2e+ LF-EO-E2R on the right holster, Fenix P1-CE in the left holster

Fenix L0D-CE on the keys in the left outer pocket, and a laserglow laser pointer in the left inner pocket.

ROP in the backpack, Mag85 on the car...

Why do I need so many lights? dunno...I only had a day class today, you should see what I carry for night lectures:D

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Had a Wee DA around my neck, a Ti Ex10 in my shirt pocket,.....oh crap forgot to put on pants today:crackup::crackup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh i think we are all sorta geeky at heart.

i usually carry my Q3 5A modified ex10 in my pocket
my Milky Legolas,P3D RB100, P1D-Q5,zebralight H30 and sometimes my tiablo or mag85 in my bag
then there is my LF2x on my keys...

embrace your inner geek, and you wont feel as self concious....you will be a cool geek

Crenshaw

Kestrel

Flashaholic

At this moment:
  • SF E1 Room Sweeper in jeans pocket
  • SL Stylus Pro in belt sheath
  • SL Microstream in inner jacket pocket
  • SF G2/M60LL in outer jacket pocket
  • 5" long piece of titanium tubing (AA inner diameter) in jeans back pocket for ideas...
just crazy...:crazy:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple weeks ago... I was thinking that I could tell someone that I had a couple hundred dollars of lights on me at the time, then I started to add it up.

RA Twisty 120, $180
Nitecore Extreme, $80 (That's $260 right there...)
MJP Extreme III, $130
Surefire 6P w/ LF EO-9 with IMR cells ~ $85
Sgt. Burkett ~ $40
KD Buckle light ~ $20...

I got to $500 in lights on me before I knew it! :eek:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh i think we are all sorta geeky at heart.

i usually carry my Q3 5A modified ex10 in my pocket
my Milky Legolas,P3D RB100, P1D-Q5,zebralight H30 and sometimes my tiablo or mag85 in my bag
then there is my LF2x on my keys...

embrace your inner geek, and you wont feel as self concious....you will be a cool geek

Crenshaw

whoa, thats a lot of lights fellow countryman, i lose out to you man, Raw NS on housekeys, LD01 in office trousers coin pocket, Jet II Pro IBS clipped to front right pocket, 30mW green laser in the bag.

The worst part is that the last major blackout we had was a number of years back. Now i just work late cos the small park that i have to pass on the way to Boon Lay MRT station is not lit at night.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an Aeon in my pants pocket, a L1 in my jacket pocket, and in my backpack I have a 6P, Tikka, and Arc AAA GS. I'm uber geeky today...

You are just really well prepared. If there were a blackout, you would be king!

A couple weeks ago... I was thinking that I could tell someone that I had a couple hundred dollars of lights on me at the time, then I started to add it up.

RA Twisty 120, $180
Nitecore Extreme, $80 (That's $260 right there...)
MJP Extreme III, $130
Surefire 6P w/ LF EO-9 with IMR cells ~ $85
Sgt. Burkett ~ $40
KD Buckle light ~ $20...

I got to $500 in lights on me before I knew it! :eek:

Forget the gold jewelry etc, I got some expensive lights on me man! :D

fire-stick

Enlightened
I just cleaned my car out... 9 FLASHLIGHTS!!!

why:

grab flashlight from house
Walk to car using flashlight cause its dark
hang out somewhere all night
it gets daylight
go to car
go home
walk back to house under daylight (not using the flashlight in the car)
go to bed..

repeat process 9 times

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm feeling better about myself.

Thanks fellow flashaholics!

you're not alone buddy. my wife tells me that i need a utility belt cos of all the stuff on my belt.

1 x Jet III Pro in holster (right side)
1 x nokia e51 in belt case (right side)
1 x gerber suspension (left side)

Jet II Pro clipped to jeans pocket, Raw NS in jeans coin pocket, LD01 on necklace.

Now all i need is a La Petite Killer and i can wear it as an earring (done WAY back in 91) lovecpf

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 6PL in my car and a PD30 in my pocket.

Anything more and I would feel like a REMF. However, I'm a little jealous everyone else has gotten over this before me.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Lately when I'm getting ready to go out for the day, and loading my pockets with lights, I have to remind myself that it will still by daylight when I get back and I really don't need anything more than my L0D. Night time is a different story. We're all just big kids that like to have our toys handy. Hope I never grow out of it.

Geoff

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Lately when I'm getting ready to go out for the day, and loading my pockets with lights, I have to remind myself that it will still by daylight when I get back and I really don't need anything more than my L0D.
I've had similar thoughts, but recently I found these two articles very interesting reading:
http://outdoors.free.fr/OM-PDF/Survival/Urban-Preparation-Kit-Part-I-On.pdf
http://outdoors.free.fr/OM-PDF/Survival/Urban-Preparation-Kit-Part-II.pdf
A lot of what this guy has written about deals with, what if I can't drive home this evening due to some catastrophe (earthquake etc), therefore I will have to hike home, and what will I need for that? I work 13 miles from home and am often 40 miles from home by late evening. That changes my perspective on EDC overkill. FWIW.

Last edited: