Maglite XL100

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I was just on one of my favorite sites: yourcornerstore.com and I clicked on the "Maglite LED Flashlights" link just because I was bored. and I came across this: http://yourcornerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28743 At first I just thought it was that minimag with the multi-modes by turning the bezel, but it says in the features "Tactical Size With Tail Cap Switch" AND it's powered by 3AAA. does anyone know anything about this?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Oh great, 3AAA:ironic:

Why do so many companies take the cheap way out?

It'll be bright for the first few minutes and then dim down. Wonder if they are using battery carriers.

"Tactical Size With Tail Cap Switch" "Cutting Edge Technology Incorporating a Mag-LED" Cutting edge? I'll believe it when they show something really great (advertising doesn't count).

"Switch: Tail Cap On/Off/Blink/Signaling/SOS/Nite-Lite"

Click through all modes to get to off or tap to change modes, or what?

I'm excited to see the first person to buy it, and then compare with what I have had for at least a year.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if they build it here, sounds like any number of import lights. Though with Mag's distribution channels, it will bring those crappy lights to consumers who havent seen them.

Please surprise me by proving me wrong Mag.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh great, 3AAA:ironic:

Why do so many companies take the cheap way out?

It'll be bright for the first few minutes and then dim down.

+2

However, this does seem to be a move in the right direction... which is really any direction, since before they weren't moving...

On a more supportive note, their Rebel minimag looks like a nice improvement, but that's not the topic of this thread.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch: Tail Cap On/Off/Blink/Signaling/SOS/Nite-Lite

:twothumbs Just what I've always needed, a tactical nightlight!!! They severely screwed up the tacticality by having sliver :duh2:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Cutting Edge Technology Incorporating a Mag-LED" :laughing: 3xAAA is such a bad form-factor ... too long and skinny. I guess you need a longer light for the tactical purposes. :rolleyes:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Cutting Edge Technology Incorporating a Mag-LED" :laughing: 3xAAA is such a bad form-factor ... too long and skinny. I guess you need a longer light for the tactical purposes. :rolleyes:

Might not be 3 in line, could always be in a holder.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hadn't thought about 3AAA in a line, it says it's 4.5 inches, could that be long enough to be 3AAA in a line? If they did this, heck they could make it 3AA and replace the older 3AA MagLED with it.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
The only thing lame is this thread: yet another MAG bash thread...
Agreed. It's getting tiring. Let me sum up my three years reading this forum, "Mag sucks... Mag sucks... Mag sucks... oh look - a Rebel in a 2D - that's great... Mag sucks..."

Let's see the light first, then bash it only if it deserves it, not because Maglite makes it.

Back on topic, I posted this link in the Shot thread:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,8686.0.html

These guys actually got to try out the light. They also confirmed it uses a carrier. It's also got some new features I've never seen before.

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, the newer stuff from MAG are pretty good. The new Rebel 2D's compare quite favorably with "high end" lights/drop-ins (such as the TK11, Malkoff 3D) - not too shabby for a $30 light available in many B&M stores. Also, they appear to be selling in far larger numbers than the others.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/224102

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did I read that right DOUBLE A and not TRIPLE A? I'm really intrigued by the technique used for dimming it. Was it a forward clickie?