Solarforce L2 Mini MC-E

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
390_b1.jpg

Pictured is my Solarforce L2 Mini with a modified MC-E drop in ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2921001&postcount=1 Sorry , these are correct power results ...

This drop in 1 from DX
This driver from KD

Matt

Last edited:

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
How easy is it to change the driver in a light? Like the look of the Solarforce with the mini body

Disco:thinking:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy ! just a little bit of soldering required .
Also you need the same size/dia driver .

You just unsolder + and - from the LED , then unsolder the driver from the bottom of the Pill , Solder the spiring + to the new driver , feed the positive and negative leads through the correct holes and solder the driver in place , re-solder the LED and away you go .

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Cheers,

Will give it a go. Have just ordered a driver from KD.....

Looking to mod a 4D maglite in the near future---think I'll start off small tho---

Thanks for the advice

Disco

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question: I've had the bits for ages but only just got around to changing the driver from the original 3 mode to the 5 mode (s005025 from KD)....which wire is which??? There is a brown wire that comes out of the centre of the driver and a blue wire coming from close to one edge-----am I right in thinking the centre (brown) wire is the positive?????

thanks
Disco

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct , the one from the center is + Positive ..

And the current draw figures are wrong , cheap Chinese leads on the Multi meter had to much resistance over 1A ..

Quality leads = Up to 2A on a CR123A - Check my CR123A Batt test ...

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
+ The driver seems well regulated , draws over 1amp all the way down to 3.01volts , then drops into a lower current draw mode , keeps running but at a much reduced rate .

Matt
KD1845 is described as a direct drive PWM controller. If that is the case, how can KD1845 be "well regulated"? What are the markings on the two large ICs on the board?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
KD1845 is described as a direct drive PWM controller. If that is the case, how can KD1845 be "well regulated"? What are the markings on the two large ICs on the board?

Crappy MM Leads , were giving false results over 1A ...
I have much better MM leads now ..

So null and void ... CR123A testing was done with new leads ... So check the CR123A test results for this light ...

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its getting dark outside : So give it about 30 more minutes ...

In a 18650 body , Ultrafire green Unprotected = 2.3A measured at tail = about 440Lumen in my lightbox .

Last edited: