- Again, terrific heat sink from LED Zeppelin provides the foundation

Here's a picture of it:
IMG_1898.jpg

A couple picture of it along with nTrinity:
IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

niner

Enlightened
Quad MC-E has very nice beam pattern. nTrinity has a little more intense hotspot, but Quad MC-E has slightly bigger hotspot, with higher overall light output. It is the brightest LED light I have.

I have some terrible beamshots, they are out of focus. I need to re-take them, but for now, here you go:

My neighbor's garage is about 30ft away. They were taken with F2.8, ISO-100, 1st picrure is 1 sec exp, the 2nd is 1/30 sec.

Quad MC-E:
QuadMC-E1sec.jpg
QuadMC-E1-30.jpg

nTrinity (LZ Trinity w/ MC-E instead):
nTrinity1sec.jpg
nTrinity1-30.jpg

M6 host with LF's M6-IMR:
M6-IMR1sec.jpg
M6-IMR1-30sec.jpg

OSRAM 64633 with 4x IMR26500 and FM 2.5 TM:
64633x41sec.jpg
64633x41-30.jpg

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Niner... not exactly starting off slow, are we?! :welcome: :nana:

How's the PWM frequency with the hipCC/D2flex setup? Noticeable on lower settings?

BTW, nice hotspot on that 633! Thing looks like it'll light cigarettes... hehe. Where's the Colossus beamshot? Or did you not want to set your neighbors garage on fire? :poof:

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Wow! Those are both REALLY nice torches. Congrats!

(I'd really like an nTrinity in neutral white or warm white... someday)

BTW, I also have a hotwire using the Osram 64633. I love that bulb. I power mine from 16 DuraLoop AAs. Your 4x IMR 26500 must be awesome. Is it easy to tell when to recharge the batteries before you've run them down too far?

Last edited:

niner

Enlightened
Wow, Niner... not exactly starting off slow, are we?! :welcome: :nana:

How's the PWM frequency with the hipCC/D2flex setup? Noticeable on lower settings?

BTW, nice hotspot on that 633! Thing looks like it'll light cigarettes... hehe. Where's the Colossus beamshot? Or did you not want to set your neighbors garage on fire? :poof:

Thanks Bimmerboy. I have been doing Mag LED conversion for a while. Couple months ago I decided to go big

I think 633 is a nice balance between extremely high power and usability. I would be happy to stop here. No, I'm just kidding. Colossus is not finished yet, that might be my final destiny:whistle:

niner

Enlightened
Wow! Those are both REALLY nice torches. Congrats!

(I'd really like an nTrinity in neutral white or warm white... someday)

BTW, I also have a hotwire using the Osram 64633. I love that bulb. I power mine from 16 DuraLoop AAs. Your 4x IMR 26500 must be awesome. Is it easy to tell when to recharge the batteries before you've run them down too far?

I can imagine nTrinity in warm white would be very nice in the wild or back road. I have a single warm-white MC-E in a Mag D. It is the best light if I want to search for something.

I'm on the first charge, so I haven't really run them down yet. I guess I need to be careful, or install Jim's PWM switch, which has low voltage shut-off.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couple months ago I decided to go big

Same here. Almost done gathering parts for a couple monsters; One LED, and one incan. M60's and 1185's are starting to look normal to me. :devil:

Just wanna' ask again about the 240Hz PWM on the hipCC/D2flex setup. Does it get noticeable at the lower settings? I'm fairly sensitive to the PWM controlled lights I already own (though I don't know the frequencies of them), and have been concerned about going with this setup.

niner

Enlightened
Same here. Almost done gathering parts for a couple monsters; One LED, and one incan. M60's and 1185's are starting to look normal to me. :devil:

Just wanna' ask again about the 240Hz PWM on the hipCC/D2flex setup. Does it get noticeable at the lower settings? I'm fairly sensitive to the PWM controlled lights I already own (though I don't know the frequencies of them), and have been concerned about going with this setup.

Sorry, I forgot to address that. It flickers a little bit at the lowest setting, although it's not too bad. But I'm the kind of guy who has problem with DLP projectors, while most people don't. I think it shows more on white wall/shiny surface, but hardly noticeable when use in real world.

Okay, when I see something light up the sky from the south, then I know your lights are finished;)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great answer, especially since I forgot to ask how sensitive you might be to these things. This is in regard to a single MC-E build as opposed to the quad, which will have a hipFlex, and runs in the 800's (I think).

Thanks for the info! :)

Okay, when I see something light up the sky from the south, then I know your lights are finished;)
Hehe... keep an eye out. I'm gonna' try crossing the beams. :duck:

niner

Enlightened
Not sure what you're referring to, but I'm interested. I have a few Mags running unprotected safe chem Li batteries and never run them as long as I could for fear of taking the cells below advisable voltage. "Jim's switch" might be just what I need.

Check out this thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231489

I bought a couple of them, now I'm waiting for Kiu socket to show up.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Check out this thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231489

I bought a couple of them, now I'm waiting for Kiu socket to show up.

Thanks! Having read that link, I'm reminded of the development threads for that, or another hotwire regulator from what seems like a very long time ago. Having read posts by Lux raving about the rarity of Kiu sockets with hotdrivers built-in, I assumed these weren't being produced. It's great to know they can still be had. I've added that thread to my favorites for future reference.

Thanks again and congrats again on the new torch. It's a beauty!