Surefire E1B modification Twisty tailcap possible?

Larain60

Newly Enlightened
Hello all:

I tried search but couldnt find anything on it.

Is it possible to replace the Surefire E1B backup tailcap with another cap that replaces the click temp/constant on with one that twists on for constant on, and temporary when you click it. If I lost low/high settings and had High only would be fine.

Thanks.

Viper715

Enlightened
Click the switch on and twist it to activate the light just like a twisty. At least it's a temp fix and costs nothing.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
No problem. You just replace the clicky with a twisty and you'll have to twost on and off instead of clicking it on and off to change modes. You won't loose functionality but it will be twisting instead of clicking.

The obvious tailcap would be the SF E-Series twisty, but you can use any other E-Series twisty.

2-level tailcaps like the Aleph Caps with the McE2S module will most likely interfere with the built-in levels of the E1B and yield strange results.

bernie

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Is it possible to replace the Surefire E1B backup tailcap with another cap that replaces the click temp/constant on with one that twists on for constant on, and temporary when you click it. If I lost low/high settings and had High only would be fine. ...

I think the mostly correct answer to this question unfortunately is NO.

The mode switching is in the head, so if you had a tail-switch of any variety if you pressed for momentary, you would have to wait the designated mode-switch interval time before activating momentary again, or you would switch modes. If you used momentary and then twisted for constant without waiting the interval period, you would be in a different mode.

So you're interface that you want would not work very well with this 2 mode light since it is not the tail-cap that controls the levels.

You should probably look at the LX1 and LX2.