RA Twisty 100TW "new model coming out?"

chaoss

Enlightened
I was just over on Battery Station's site looking at twisty prices and noticed a little note stating that the 100TW's are sold out but "a new model is coming".
Does anyone have any current info on this?

Henry?
Anyone?

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that yesterday while trying to decide whether or not to get one of the remaining 85TR's. :ohgeez:I assumed it was just an old message. :duh2:

Can't wait to see what's up Henry's sleeve. I smell another Ti Twisty! Does this make it odor-ware?:crackup:

Last edited:

chaoss

Enlightened
Chaoss, Monanza,

I cannot discuss unannounced products. :)

Henry.

Thanks for the reply Henry :thumbsup:.

Anyone want to, shall we say, speculate on the possible "new model"?

I'm thinking something along the lines of higher lumens, longer runtimes, perhaps something similar to the clickys with a GDP emitter?

Hopefully the original design (body style) will remain the same.

sygyzy

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Henry :thumbsup:.

Anyone want to, shall we say, speculate on the possible "new model"?

I'm thinking something along the lines of higher lumens, longer runtimes, perhaps something similar to the clickys with a GDP emitter?

Hopefully the original design (body style) will remain the same.

Let's not get carried away now, buddy. A new model that has higher lumens and longer runtimes? WOW :eek:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 120N would be nice. Or one with a locator flash.

Those are probably the only things that would make me spend more money.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650 version please.

I'll add a +1 to that as is my custom. :devil:
Sat around and waited a long long long time for the 18650 tube to come out for the twisty last year. By the time it was out I'd lost interest as the clickies had come out with better specs, but no 18650 support.

Lumenz

Enlightened
I e-mailed Henry about it and he said the Ra Twisty would be similar to the Ra Clicky (other than the UI) so I don't think there are going to be 18650 battery tubes or different LEDs. It looks to be like a much needed Twisty update.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I'm interested in hearing about a new model, but am sure glad I have my 18650 extension tube for my twistys. . .

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Lumenz,

The Ra Twisty does have accessory battery compartments that will take an 18650. They are currently available and shipping - listed under accessories. They are called 19670 - the true size of an 18650 cell after adding the protection circuit.

Take a look at "Twisty R19670 battery compartment" under the Ra Twisty accessories here.

Also, I am not sure why you conclude there will not be any LED options when the Ra Clicky has many LED options already.

Henry.