Replace bi-pin on Twin Task 3C w/Inretech adapter?

steve_vance

Enlightened
hey folks....does anyone know if this would work? I don't know if the pin spacing on the Inretech adapter is close enough to the xenon bi-pin to fit....ALSO....
I don't know if an Inretech adapter would blow up on 4.5 volts...AND....how well would an Inretech adapter work without the collimator?

Anyone have any thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have the same feeling too.
The InReTech adapter would let its supply of magic smoke out very quickly on 4.5 volts from AA, C, or D cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve,

An idea that I posted a little while ago; seems we are thinking of the same mod. I wanted to know if there was a bi pin LS for the Twin Task 3C as well. I thought it would be a great light, 3/6 nichia for task and a 1W for throw/outdoors. The power supply from the 3Cs would be perfect. If only there was a bi-pin Everled! It would truly be a great all utility light. Regulated, and maybe there would be a way to get all leds firing at once. Are there any lights that do that, have multiple size leds active at once, with optics or reflector?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Replace bi-pin on Twin Task 3C w/Inretech adap

A large resistor?
Maybe if you added a resistor to pad it down to 3 volts, it would work? Not sure... would be a cool light though!

steve_vance

Enlightened
Re: Replace bi-pin on Twin Task 3C w/Inretech adap

Maybe a liquid nitrogen bath for the LS...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif