NASA Set to 'Bomb' Moon

Lumenz

Enlightened
NASA <> military

This is not a bombing mission, but a research mission. The moon is a giant rock; we do not need to "save" the moon.

Plus, my flashlights will seem brighter once the moon is gone.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
No, not from space. :D

Seriously our atmosphere would save us right? I mean think about how much the sun is throwing at us all the time.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus, my flashlights will seem brighter once the moon is gone.

Thank you for the best belly laugh I've had in sometime!

I went out to my favorite test range 3 nights ago only to realize there was a full moon and a clear sky.
Christo_pull_hair.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif

steveG

Enlightened
I think we should bomb the hell out of the moon in a "U.S.A." pattern so everyone on the planet can look up and be sure about who it belongs to!

No offense non-U.S. CPF members! Ha!

*Dusty*

Enlightened
I think we should bomb the hell out of the moon in a "U.S.A." pattern so everyone on the planet can look up and be sure about who it belongs to!

Ahh you're grand, I don't think "Northern Ireland" has quite the same ring to it. Wouldn't be as easy to fit on there either.

Anyway, my brother bought me an acre of the moon one year for christmas and I'm gonna build me a house up there some day, so don't bomb that bit.

Y'all :nana:

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL none taken we lives in equator sun is ours anyway...:D:D

steveG

Enlightened
Ahh you're grand, I don't think "Northern Ireland" has quite the same ring to it. Wouldn't be as easy to fit on there either.

Plus it would take a hell of a lot more ammo! We'll leave your acre alone, but we'll expect you to invite us over for a meal every once in a while.

rizky_p, you can have the sun. It's too damn hot to build on anyway!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not from space. :D

Seriously our atmosphere would save us right? I mean think about how much the sun is throwing at us all the time.

The sun is a lot further than the moon. My main concern is what are they target practicing for.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sun is a lot further than the moon. My main concern is what are they target practicing for.

Reasons to bomb the moon:
1. They found out where Osama Bin Laden has been hiding.
2. We ran out of countries to attack.
3. Our government officials didn't read a bill that funded blowing up the moon before signing it.
4. The government is eliminating places you can hide to escape taxes.
5. Robby Knievel wanted a bigger Grand Canyon to jump on his motorcycle.
6. Someone thinks global warming is real and wants to partially block out the sun with blown up moon dust.
7. There's a supervillian working at NASA.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reasons to bomb the moon:
1. They found out where Osama Bin Laden has been hiding.
2. We ran out of countries to attack.
3. Our government officials didn't read a bill that funded blowing up the moon before signing it.
4. The government is eliminating places you can hide to escape taxes.
5. Robby Knievel wanted a bigger Grand Canyon to jump on his motorcycle.
6. Someone thinks global warming is real and wants to partially block out the sun with blown up moon dust.
7. There's a supervillian working at NASA.

I think 3 and 7 are very likely. ;)

tygger

Enlightened
Anyway, my brother bought me an acre of the moon one year for christmas and I'm gonna build me a house up there some day, so don't bomb that bit.

Hmmm, don't forget you're gonna need a new flashlight collection rated for a moon environment. And batteries too! Zebralight M501? Fenix M1D?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Right now LIVE on NASA TV...about 5 minutes to impact...

............and it's done! $79 million smackaroos into the surface of the moon. What a deal, can't wait to get my t-shirt! :thumbsup:

Last edited: