1500+ lumen lights

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new light (Its a want not a need, just need to feed my addiction!) and at the moment my brightest is an Eagletac M2XC4. I do not want to buy a light that I perceive as just 'slightly brighter' but would like something that blows it away. I am not into the whole HID warm up thing and so it has to be LED. I keep finding different threads regarding forthcoming releases of 1500-2200 lumen lights but cant keep track of them in so many threads. So does anyone have an up to date list of what fits the bill, when its coming out and massive +'s and -'s for each light.

Many Thanks

Chris

carrot

Flashaholic
Try the Olight SR90 Intimidator. 2200 lumens, and built right: reliable, sturdy, and rechargeable. It'll be out later this month, but I played around with the prototype for a week and absolutely loved it.

4sevens is also introducing a lineup of lights called the Maelstroms. The S1200 and S1800 are his 1000+ lumens with 1200 and 1800 lumens respectively. They will be out later this year. The S1200 is actually pocketable and the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

Do you think there will be much perceived difference between them and the Eagletac? Sorry subjective question!

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac lights are nowhere near 1500 lumens; they are likely not even half that out the front.

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that, I know this is odd but I was hoping they were not anywhere near 800 lumens as the step to the next brightness would have to be that much more!

cistallus

Enlightened
Check out Elektro Lumens lights. One upcoming model says 1750 lumens from a single LED. Other multi-LED ones available now are 3000 and 10,800 lumens!

astcal

Newly Enlightened
Check out Elektro Lumens lights. One upcoming model says 1750 lumens from a single LED. Other multi-LED ones available now are 3000 and 10,800 lumens!

hmm.... I'd call this "intimidator" :

FireSword.1.jpg

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking to throw a beam a far distance and you don't like the 20 - 30 second warm up time of an HID light, I'd suggest looking at 12 V DC halogen spotlights. They're the most cost effective way to throw a beam of light a very far distance. They're usually in the $50 - $60 range and the lights in that price range will *easily* out throw any flashlight.

I just bought my first halogen spotlight (Peak number PKCOTH) a few days ago and I absolutely *love* it! It leaves all my flashlights, some of which cost *much* more, in the dust in terms of throw distance. When you factor in that it only cost me $20, it's the deal of the century in my book.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Give serious consideration to a WiseLEd Tactical, if you end up buying one you will not regret it :D

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the recent reviews of the Stanley HID. $70, appears to have a very fast start. In halogen spotlights, the Black & Decker V-2million series is excellent for the price ($30). For power and runtime, go with the HID (assuming you can deal with a light starting bright and getting brighter). For instant-on, halogen. With LED you're going to be shelling out quite a lot of money.

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Cheers guys, its not so much that I don't like HIDs but when I am out at night either climbing mountains or walking the dog, my flashlight may just get switched on momentarily so this would not do a HID any good. I dont mind spending the money but I want to buy once and not regret it. I would rather spend $400 on a light that will last years than $100 on one that breaks when dropped or gets too hot to hold etc
There really are some fantastic LED lights out there but some with limited reviews. For instance (and apologies for singling out one here) how tough are elektrolumens lights? The specs appear fantastic and its not that I doubt the toughness but I just can't find the threads backing them up like say for instance the surefires of this world.

Thanks
Chris

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about smaller than a Surefire M6 and not HID????

My Surefire M6 was 1700 OTF and 1500 OTF at 3 minutes, but not too pocket friendly unless I had winter coats then maybe. But at close to 1k for this M6 project it wasn't that budget friendly.:mecry:

Can someone make an SST--90 with 6~8A regulated and powerd by a single IMR 18650 in a hosts smaller than a M6, but bigger than a 6P???

FYI: My M6 had LeD Zep 3P drop-in regulated. I saw 2 other ( a 3C and 2D) Mag P7 DD builds and they made 900~1100 OTF lumens:confused: So, having multiple P7s or MC-Es in a small size IMHO is not the answer.

bigC

carrot

Flashaholic
The Maelstrom S1200 is smaller than a M6 and larger than a 6P. 1200 lumens... SST90... is that what you're looking for?

koti

Enlightened
Im a parallel flashoholic of LED and Incandecent lights so heres a 2000+ lumen incan setup that I just ordered and its going to seriously blow away your Eagletac M2XC4 :

Crazy 2000+ bulb lumens in a P60 form factor and realy cheap compared to any HID :

- Custom Fivemega FM1909 bulb with FM socket/reflector running in a
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/219828

- 2 x 18650 tube with a
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=193914

- 68mm extender to give You 3 x 18650 capability plus
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=193913

- AW soft start switch so You dont melt Your tailcap/switch
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2329944#post2329944

and 3 x 18650 IMR cells from AW
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2272984#post2272984

Aditionaly You will need a 6P bezel and tailcap.
This will all cost You around $150 and You will get a wall of light in a small form factor that will blow You away :p

Oh...and if Your a "Wow" light freak like me I'll give You a hint...look into "IMR" cells which I put in orange up there For You. These will guide You to some serious lights ;)

Last edited: