FENIX PD10 R2

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I did a search but I can't seem to find any reviews regarding the FENIX PD10 R2, it's supposed to be 190 lumens. Is it really that bright? Can anyone tell if the flashlight is worth it or not?

Perfectful

Banned
Here is something about Fenix PD10 R2:

Cree XP-E LED (R2) with lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Three levels of brightness, Mid (95 lumens,3 hrs) -> Low(6 lumens,64 hrs) -> High(190 lumens,1 hr)
• Max beam length: 110 meters
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Powered by one 3V CR123A lithium batteries
• 73mm (Length) x 19mm (Diameter)
• 24-gram weight (excluding batteries)
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
• Reliable twist switch(Patented)
• Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
• Included accessories: lanyard, two spare o-rings, body clip

you can consider it !

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, perhaps a more useful response would include...

Fenix has in the past been using emmitter lumens for their lights. With the advent of their XP-G powered lights, there have been questions as to whether or not Fenix is nowing rating at least some of their lineup by out the front lumens.

Suffice it to say that it deosn't really matter whether it's actually 190 bulb lumens or 190 OTF lumens, because your eye won't be able to tell the difference.

Fenix has a good, solid reputation here on CPF, so if you like the light, go ahead and purchase it. If you find that you don't like it, sell it on the marketplace for a slight loss, and call it a learning experience.

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
Alright, perhaps a more useful response would include...

Fenix has in the past been using emmitter lumens for their lights. With the advent of their XP-G powered lights, there have been questions as to whether or not Fenix is nowing rating at least some of their lineup by out the front lumens.

Suffice it to say that it deosn't really matter whether it's actually 190 bulb lumens or 190 OTF lumens, because your eye won't be able to tell the difference.

Fenix has a good, solid reputation here on CPF, so if you like the light, go ahead and purchase it. If you find that you don't like it, sell it on the marketplace for a slight loss, and call it a learning experience.

I guess the reason I'm wondering is because the surefire T1A is $240 for 70 lums only. The Fenix is that much brighter but nearly 1/5 the price.

I know the surefire is probably better built and has a smoother beam but is that that only difference?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one....yes I would say 190 is about right. I thought it was too big for a pocket light though. Went with a 4Sevens Mini 123 instead. 255 lumens with a 16340 battery and $36 shipped. The Fenix does have a nice user interface though. You can just twist the bezel to have it set-up to start in "Turbo" or "Low" your choice.

Last edited:

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I had one....yes I would say 190 is about right. I thought it was too big for a pocket light though. Went with a 4Sevens Mini 123 instead. 255 lumens with a 16340 battery and $36 shipped. The Fenix does have a nice user interface though. You can just twist the bezel to have it set-up to start in "Turbo" or "Low" your choice.

nice

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened

hows the interface? is it a clicky on the 4seven or a twist and turn?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the reason I'm wondering is because the surefire T1A is $240 for 70 lums only. The Fenix is that much brighter but nearly 1/5 the price.

I know the surefire is probably better built and has a smoother beam but is that that only difference?

As a friendly nudge, don't rty to turn this into a Surefire vs. Everything/anything else thread. They get locked really quickly, as they usually become crap-slinging-fests.
---------------------------------------------------------

The Surefire T1A is a completely different class of light than the Fenix, or any other light, really. The two user interfaces are completely different. In fact, the only real similarities between the two are that they're made out of aluminum, use a CR123 battery, and both use an LED.

Other than that, the two are completely different.
The Surefire is a variable output light. To turn on the light and adjust the output, you twist the head clockwise. It is capable of producing from 70 out the Front Lumens, to ridiculously low, fractions of a lumen and everything in between. It is extremely well made,as are all other Surefire lights. The machining is superb, the electronics first class, the warranty is the best in the world, as is the customer service (Surefire continues to provide replacement parts and customer service for lights produced 15 years ago, or more).

The PD10 is cheaper, but nowhere near the same class. The machining on most Fenix lights is very good, for a Chinese light, as is the machining. The Electronics are usually good quality, and most have found the Fenix line-up to be among the best quality of the Chinese manufacturers. The user interface is three modes, and, I believe a strobe and SOS. The modes are changed by twisting the head in a quick on-off motion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Quark Mini line-up are all twisties, like the Fenix. The regular line up are clickie's.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's something you get for your money.

With the Surefire, you have the best customer service in the business. You can rest assured that if it breaks in ten years, you can contact Surefire customer service, send them the light, and they will repair it and send it back.

With the Fenix you don't get that.

jjj19880922 please don't post comments like your last one. Those are the type of comments that get threads locked because it soon becomes a crap-slinging thread.