Q33 from Queens to La Guardia...?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My little sister and I are getting a ride down to the city (NY) tomorrow morning, and we intend to walk around and just enjoy the day. Later in the evening, we are catching a flight from La Guardia to visit our brother. I just spent the last hour poring over subway/bus maps, and I am sad to say that despite my vicinity to NYC, I am terrible at navigating it! :confused:

From studying the maps, it looks like we can take the E train to Queens, and get off at Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Avenue, where we can catch the Q33 bus to La Guardia.

I am basing this off this schedule here, the post by William K. here, and this page here.
So, my questions for those able/willing to help are:

1) Does this route make sense?
2) I think I read that within two hours of purchase, you can use the same $2.00 Metrocard to transfer from the Jackson Heights subway station to the Q33. Does anyone know if this is true?
3) Has anyone gone this way before?

My sister has an iPod with wifi so we can check CPF in the city tomorrow during the day.

I appreciate any help/advice. :)

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not sure if you'll see this in time. But I recommend not even bothering with public transportation in this case. You're better off taking a cab. Yeah, it's more money. But it's also far less stress. In the last handful of years, subway service has turned to complete $#^%.

It used to be somewhat bad. Now it's beyond the point of ridiculous.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning, Monocrom, and thank you for your reply. I will definitely take what you said into consideration. Due to the flooding/big storm yesterday evening, I think some tracks may be flooded.

I'll check back here later in the day from my sister's iPod.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ironically, I'm a night-owl. So, off to bed for me right after this post.

I can confirm that some tracks are indeed flooded. Don't know how bad the subway is, but LIRR is currently reporting 90-minute delays on some tracks. There's still a chance of rain for today. Unfortunately, a good one.

Still . . . Hope you and your sister enjoy the day.