Brookstone single AA light

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any of you seen or used this light? I bought it at Staples before Christmas for $29.99, and I was pleasantly surprised! I was expecting a not too bright, mediocre light, and was all ready to bring it back. I popped a AA in it, turned it on, and WOW! This is one bright little light! The box states 100 lumens, and even though I have no way of measuring it, it may be close! It is just as bright as my old Olight T15. It is only a single mode light. On top of this, the anodization on it is excellent, and the threads were smooth as silk right out of the box. The light even came with a nice holster and a clip on , cone shaped diffusor to turn it into a stand up light. Here are a few photos:

brookstone1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

brookstone2.jpg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one of these Brookstone 1AA lights for under $12 due to a mismarked price tag. The store honored their mistake.

The emitted light looks bright and white, but I will have to wait until dark to compare the beam with my other lights.

This Brookstone flashlight is going to be rough on batteries. I measured a current drain of between 1850 and 2050 mA from fresh alkaline, Energizer Advanced lithium, and Duracell LSD NiMH batteries. :eek:

The included white diffuser fits the Energizer 1AA and Leatherman LGX200 (aka Fenix L1T) lights, too.

The construction is good for the price, but not at the same level as Fenix.