Cool new lanyard for the A2\L1

bwcaw

Enlightened
Cool new lanyard for the A2\\L1

I just saw the new Z60 lanyard on the TAD gear website. It looks suspiciously like one of Mcgizmo's designs. It even looks like surefire has finally done away with those awful little spring wire clips that came stock on their lanyards. The new clip looks like a berkeley point mini clip that has been coated with black oxide.
sflanyardkit.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Cool new lanyard for the A2\\L1

The Z60 is really cool. I have one on my L1. The new Lanyard Clip is excellent.

This clip will appear on the SC3 and I guess be phased onto the rest of the products once old clips are used up.

If anyone would like more photos, please email me.

Al

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah that Z60 SF lanyard is pretty cool. The new SF mini-clip is about half the size of a Berkeley Point SS Mini-clip. There are the letters "SF" stamped, or cast into one side of this new clip. It has a dark bronze hue & doesn't look like a black oxide coated part to me. But I guess it could be. When these clips become available seperately from SureFire-then I'll be wanting a bunch.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think Cetacea makes the BP Miniclips, I wonder if they are making the Surefire A2 clips too?

The SF clips may in fact be silicon bronze with black or "Antiqued" finish. You can use a selenious acid solution to cold blacken bronze and brass, but I haven't found a good cold black solution for stainless which would be cool for the Miniclips too.

I like the look of the new SF clips and would like to get my mits on some too.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Sharp tip of a blade, gently work it into one of the two joints and it pops off.

I figure that I just remove the Lanyard if I don't want it for a specific task or whatever - the ring [clip attachment point] doesn't get the way of my usage especially since it rotates in it's channel. If I want to swap between the L1 and A2 then I guess change TailCaps over!

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic

The new SF Lanyard really is nice! The "micro" clips are very cool, IMHO. They are a SF part and will not be showing up separately, as I understand it. These clips are a plated or oxidized low 300 series stainless I believe and if used in salt water or air, they will need to be maintained or some rust can occur; especially if one bead blasts the finish off of one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The SF Micro Clip is a result of PK's never ending pursuit of improving the SF line. He and his team designed and brought this part into being.

The BP mini-clip as it's known here on CPF was a part that I requested my former employer, Suncor Stainless, to have manufactured. It is cast in 316 stainless for corrosion resistance. My friends at Cetacea use these clips in some of their gear and of course berkelypoint sells them. The bead blasted units have been discontinued because the bead blaster begged off doing them. (Guy's a twit)

- Don

paulr

Flashaholic

Oh wow, that looks really nice, I hope SF does come around and sell the clips separately, perhaps through Berkeley Point. I have a bead blasted Mini-clip so I'm glad I got it while they were still out there!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
It looks suspiciously like one of Mcgizmo's designs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Don was involved!!! He seems to be involved with almost everything new and cool flashlight related lately. I'm starting to think he's the head alien here on Earth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I think I even have proof of this on a certain computer, but I just can't get the screenshot to copy for some reason (alien technology preventing it?).

So this new clip is a mini-mini-clip? I have been wanting a smaller version of the BP clip for a few things. I hope SF will sell them seperate so I can buy a few.

onelight

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
I posted this review about 2 months ago which include pics and a review of the lanyard:

http://flashlightreviews2.home.att.net/reviews/surefire_l1.htm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Thanks Quickbeam I ordered one with my L1 because of your review.IT is the best lanyard set up from SF IMHO.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

What other SureFire lights will this lanyard fit?
6P? 9P? Z2?

Size15's

Flashaholic

The Z60 is designed specifically for the channel of the Two Stage TailCap currently in use on the A2 and L1.

I have not yet tried whether the new Lanyard clip fits and works well on the Lanyard Rings [of the G2Z, Z2, M3, M6 etc]

If nobody has posted a photo or comments regarding whether it works, I'll do so when I get home in 6-7 hours time.

Al

SUREFARC

Enlightened

I do want the ring on its own 'cos I already got 2 SF lanyards.

Size15's

Flashaholic

But have you got lanyards with this new clip?
Perhaps somebody will trade you the plastic ring and keep the Lanyard and new clip for themselves?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

We are still waiting for our Z60 order to arrive - Hopefully soon, though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

pk

Photon King

bwcaw,

A2 tailcap was originally designed to accommodate such an accessories in mind.
This groove was intended for many other mounting options we still have not yet explored in full.
Few optional mountings are dove-tail weapon attachments, bike mounts, gooseneck attachment, QD holsters, lanyard hook, etc.
Yes, more vaporwares. ;-)
I don't know when we are ever able to complete all these options.

A2 tailcap groove mounting concept has been filed for patent.
However, SF encourages all after market vendors to develop any SF complementary products.
Please contact me if you have any particular idea and want to develop for after market.
I will provide you all info you need to pursue.

Respectfully,
pk

p.s. Dan, you might want to check your order. This is stock item as far as I know.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

The small split ring will open with enough force; likely less needed for real bodily harm. When in doubt or environments of danger, you may want to include an additional weak link of your choosing.