The "Highs and Lows" of my last 2 Surefire LED Aquisitions

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am the proud owner of a 6PX Pro and M3LT. Both have high/low options. Lets start with the low 1st.

The 6PX Pro is at the low end of the SF price point. At its current price this is an exceptional value IMHO. The low is just right for tooling around the house or a campground. And it has the WTF was that high. It seams like everybody is producing the big hotspot good intermediate thrower beam profile these days. This light and the next one I will write about is no exception. Surefire has really gotten better with the tints these days as well. This one is nice and white. No greenies like the the first series of KXs that were released. I wasnt really thrilled about the look or the switching but they have grown on me. All the 6P accessories work with this light. I have outfitted mine with a lanyard and it tucks away very nicely in a V20 holster if you let the cord lock and lanyard tie protrude out the end. A very nice belt carry option.

Now onto the high. The M3LT represents the other end of the SF price point spectrum. Quite frankly I would never have bought one but was able to make a trade with some parts that never get any use. I got this for the awesome high beam. But you know what, its the low setting that really makes this light. 70 lumens for 8.5 hours. This is the perfect tooling around outside at night beam. Bright, nice fat hotspot, and with impressive throw. Surefire advertises that its tactical runtime is until the beam drops below 50 lumens. By their definition this light is tacticool for 8.5 hours! SWEET!!! The high really puts out a big volume of light. Very M6 like in a LED kind of way. What the beam lacks in color rendition it makes up for it in brute strength. Its utility reminds me of the venerable L2. Use it on low, buy for the high. It is a very cool looking light but a little on the nose heavy side. Use the lanyard. This is all coming from a non-military/law enforcement perspective.

Surefire's latest lineup has something for everybody.

Thanks for sharing.