Yeah! Backpacking trip next month! Anglelux time!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far it's just me and my brother. WE'll be doing roughly 45 miles in about 3 days(mid-Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, will be hiking at night for sure on Friday night)

Going to be doing a Loop around the top of Lake Fontana, NC.

I haven't gotten my Anglelux yet(on it's way) but I already know it will be my primary light. Now to decide which other lights Im going to take??????? hmmmm??? food or flashlights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Angelux is a nice light but I don't think I'd want to lug something that heavy on a long hiking trip. Try an Elektrostar instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Yeah! Backpacking trip next month! Anglelux ti

If you're in NC, heading for the hills sounds like just the right plan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

this will be NEXT month, October 17th to be exact. im sure NC will be clear by then

im in SC

going to Fontana Lake, right at the bottom of the SMNF outside of Bryson City

Screehopper

Enlightened

I did a 45 mile section of the JMT [John Muir Trail] during the Labor Day weekend and to keep weight down, I only took three lights. E2e-HA, Arc AAA, and a Petzl Tikka headlamp. Primary light was my headlamp. I've already got other gear to deal with so I want things to be as lightweight as possible.