best&brightest 2AAA ???

juanc723

Newly Enlightened
whats the best and brightest 2AAA in your opinion? ofcourse besides the stylus pro.

ive been looking into the eagletac pn20a2, any input?

i forgot to add.. only clickies. i dont really like twisties./

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Some time ago I compare a couple of double AAA lights, the Styles was not among the brightest.

You can see the comparison here:

UWAK

Enlightened
Take a look at Peak LED Solutions Eiger in 2xAAA body. It uses an XP G. Clickie tailcap is additional.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The Preon 2 is really the best of the bunch. I read and dug around CPF for 3 weeks looking for reviews and opinions on 2X AAA lights. Didn't see anything that strongly competed with it.
Very happy with my purchase too, I got a gold one.

juanc723

Newly Enlightened
The Preon 2 is really the best of the bunch. I read and dug around CPF for 3 weeks looking for reviews and opinions on 2X AAA lights. Didn't see anything that strongly competed with it.
Very happy with my purchase too, I got a gold one.

you are right, it seems that way.. but i like the design of the eagletac for somereason.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
any new or other 2AAA out there?

There are other good 2AAA lights, though they may not be the brightest. Streamlight recently announced a 48 lumen C4 version of their 2AAA Stylus Pro, but I don't think dealers have them yet.

These lights were not mentioned earlier:

(1) Snap-on 92311 2AAA LED Pen Light - claimed to emit 80 lumens. $23 at Amazon.com

(2) Inova Bolt 2AAA - the newest version outputs 25 lumens and has a different reflector than its precessor. The light pattern and brightness looks almost identical to the latest 25 lumen Inova X1 and 24 lumen Streamlight Stylus Pro. (NOTE: I also have the older Bolt 2AAA which is poor by comparison. If you shop for a Bolt 2AAA, be sure the packaging specifically states 25 lumens.)

penlights3.jpg

Jackasper

Enlightened
Eagletac PN20a2 for sure is an awesome light. As for the Stylus Pro and the Snap On, very disapointed. Parnass, you are right, they (Snap On) do claim 80 lumens and I doubt that it even comes close to 30. IMO, Eagletac all the way.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... you are right, they (Snap On) do claim 80 lumens and I doubt that it even comes close to 30. ....

FWIW, my Snap-On pen light is considerably brighter than the 24 lumen Stylus Pro and newest 25 lumen Inova 2AAA Bolt. I power them using Energizer lithium primary batteries.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
*bump*

I am looking forward to picking up the upgraded 48 lumen Streamlight Stylus Pro as my next 2xAAA light. According to a SL Rep, they are due to ship in late May. Hopefully they won't bump the MSRP along with those lumens.. lol