The neverending search for the ultimate geek light

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
What light has the most modes and other features?

so far the jetbeam jet-i pro is the geekyest light ive seen with
rampable strobe etc.

anything out there that can outgeek that?

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Check out the ArmyTek Predator. Quite possibly the most programmable light around anywhere-I´m still trying to figure mine out :huh::duh2::eek:.

S1LVA

Enlightened
+1 on the Tri-V. I just got a 007 and I can't imagine how much time I could spend programming a Tri-V.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maglite XL-100 has to be up there. Ability to dim the light by twisting wrist, as well as dimmable strobe and the ability to adjust the speed of the strobe as well.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecores with ramping Ui's
Maglite xl100 with the gyro UI that knows which way is up?
HDS rotary
Nitecore ife2
Sipik68 with the flood to throw adjuster.
Lights like Quark and Thrunite That have moonlite modes ;)

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
As far as I'm concerned, the geekiest light would have to be one you'd need a computer to program it with... Of course I'm talking about the NexTorch MyTorch. Speaking of which, BatteryJunction has them in all 4 flavors.

Last edited:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As CarpentryHero said above, the HDS Rotary. You get 4 programmable presets, which can be any combination of the rotary control, brightness settings, or strobes, along with 7 customizable options: turn on preset, button lock, automatic turn off, locator flash, momentary, burst, and customization. The light can use RCR123s or primary 123s, has temperature sensors, is practically waterproof, lifetime warrenty, etc. etc. I would like to see a light with more modes and features, let alone be as rugged and well regarded as the HDS (I don't think its "geek" though).

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
YOU JERK!!! Now I went and ordered one of those MyTorch lights, just because it looks cool (AA model)

I mean: "Thanks for pointing out a light that may have great potential for me."

I have no willpower.

Will a mod please close this thread and make it go away. I'm gonna need a third job.

Flashlights are to me like heroin is to a junky. I wonder if I can wean myself off by hanging out in candle shops?

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
Nominate LiteFlux LF2XT as the geekiest, on the strength of the ability to read out instantaneous battery voltage via blink codes, along with many many other features. Would be interested to hear if there are any others that do that.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking SPY Tri-V, LF2XT, ArmyTek Predator and NEXTORCH MyTorch 18650. Out of this lot, probably the NEXTORCH MyTorch 18650, it can't get any geekier than a flashlight that requires a computer to program it. :naughty:

Last edited:

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
ok so i looked some of these models up.

where can you buy that Tri-V thing, and how much do they go for?
as a childhood fan of the original star wars movies, im severely attracted to this one.
looks pricy, but its prolly the next best thing to owning an R2-D2 unit from star-wars :p
(and none of that irritating bleeping either :p)

also that Mytorch looks pretty kewl, and are well within my pricerange.
how would u guys rate the quality of that one?

archimedes

Flashaholic
ok so i looked some of these models up.

where can you buy that Tri-V thing, and how much do they go for?
(....)

They are custom made by a CPF member here ("Data") for, ummmm, ... $3,295 (!) -- CPF member price was $1,995 I think, but they've been sold out for some time now.

The Cool Fall manufacturer thread suggests that another run may be planned for the near future, though.

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
They are custom made by a CPF member here ("Data") for, ummmm, ... $3,295 (!) -- CPF member price was $1,995 I think, but they've been sold out for some time now.

The Cool Fall manufacturer thread suggests that another run may be planned for the near future, though.

wow!
ok lol thats a wee bit out of my pricerange :p