Write right sheets don't work??

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened
Write right sheets don\'t work??

I just purchased a pack of writeright sheets. They appear to do NOTHING to the beam. I thought they were suppose to smooth it?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Write right sheets don\'t work??

I think there are 2 types, plain and textured. Its the textured type you need.

charliek

Enlightened

You need the type for the black and white PDAs - not the color. Also- before you spend big bucks for the Write-writes, try a "Clear Book cover" also in office supply stores- you get a HUGE sheet for about a buck, and if you don't like the job it does you can peel it off and try something else.... I found it worked pretty good.... even on my ugliest mag light beams.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, you need to buy WriteRights for a black and white PDA, these include Palm Zire, and Palm V. The cheapest place you can get them are at Target, where in the clearance section in the electronics section they seem to ALWAYS have WriteRights. Good luck,

Dan

chumley

Enlightened

I just bought the last pack of WriteRight at Target last night for $3.74! In my experience, the WriteRight film smooths out the small artifacts, but it won't turn a crummy beam into a Surefire beam. I wonder if you put a sheet on each side of the lens, if that would work better?

Spudman

Enlightened

Some Zires are color now, I think. Make sure and get the black and white version. The color ones will not smooth the beam.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Trust me the "diffused" or "textured" WriteRight sheets make a world of difference with incandescent lights especially the "cheap" ones!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

D'oh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I'm glad this came up. I was supposed to add this information to my review a long time ago! It's fixed now...

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Spudman said:
Some Zires are color now, I think. Make sure and get the black and white version. The color ones will not smooth the beam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, don't get the Palm Zire 71 WriteRights, but the Palm Zire ones. I got them for cheap at Target, and they usually go on clearance very often.

Dan

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Spudman said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, don't get the Palm Zire 71 WriteRights, but the Palm Zire ones. I got them for cheap at Target, and they usually go on clearance very often.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for all the help guys. I did indeed purchase ones for the zire 71. I guess I will have to hit the clearance section at target.

RevDavid

Enlightened

Looking for the ones for black and white models must be the key. I just looked at some today, and the package said nothing about textured or plain, and nothing about color or black and white models. I will look again, and see what I can find.
Thanks,

David <><