ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Klarus ST10-140lm
Klarus ST20-240lm
JETbeam BA10-160
JETbeam BA20-270
JETbeam BC10-270
JETbeam BC20-305

Are these inflated at all? I was looking at the Lenix LD10 but it only puts out around 100lm, 160 for less money would be cool.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Think they are inflated a bit. In one thread someone tested the ba20 against an eagletac p20a2 mkII and the eagletac was brighter, the eagletac is rated at 230 emitter lumens I think

tam17

Enlightened
Our perception of lumens is very subjective. For instance, can you readily tell the difference between 140 and 65 lumens on the same flashlight?

As I stated in other thread recently, JetBeam was one of the first flashlight manufacturers from Asia to adopt ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard, which specifies a testing procedure for determining output (lm), PBI (cd) and range (m) of a flashlight.

Cheers,

Tam

JacobJones

Enlightened
If your looking for a really bright 1AA light may I suggest the nitecore EZAA R5, it's the brightest single AA torch/flashlight that I know about.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Also the Romisen RC-G2 R5 from shiningbeam is very good bang for the buck, I'd estimate at least 120 lumens and for less than 20 dollars. They haven't got the black one at the moment but it'll probably be back in stock soon. Quality is suprising for such low price

JacobJones

Enlightened
My message didn't send for some reason, I'll do it again. @aimxplode serious? I find that hard to believe, has anyone on cpf confirmed that? Or do you mean on 14500's, I was thinking about NiMH and alkaline

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
A light's beam pattern can have a big effect on the perceived brightness, irrespective of the overall output of the light. This is particularly relevant if you are comparing specific parts of the beam to judge brightness - the hotspot for instance.

For example, you could have a powerful light with a bright spill, and be comparing it to a light who's hot spot is the same size and brightness, but with a smaller and/or less bright spill area. So the first light obviously produces more light overall, but a comparison of the hotspot may not make that obvious.

If the second light were to have the hotspot focused tighter, the hotspot would appear smaller, but brighter, and could make the second light appear brighter than the first.

Basically, when considering the output of a light, you have to consider the whole beam, not just the brightest point in the beam, as that can very with focus and pattern.

aimxplode

Enlightened

swan

Banned
I have the bc10 and it is extremely bright, as tested by selfbuilt it had 260 'estimated lightbox lumens and is one of the brightess xp-gs. All jetbeams have ansi ratings, the bc10 truly is impressive.

JacobJones

Enlightened
I looked at that thread aimxplode. Quite impressive actually, noticeably brighter than the fenix ld10, still doubtfull that it's 200 lumens though, maybe that's emitter lumens

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Hmmm I didn't know JETbeam was ANSI I looked on there site. Well I was looking for a 1AA light and I might pic up the Zebra light but most 1AA and 1CR123 lights are the same diameter so il just go with one of them.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
ScaryFatKidGT said:
Hmmm I didn't know JETbeam was ANSI I looked on there site. Well I was looking for a 1AA light and I might pic up the Zebra light but most 1AA and 1CR123 lights are the same diameter so il just go with one of them.

SC51 is a great light but my quark 123 S2 kicks it's butt every time. The quark is a little wider but I edc it in the holster and keep it in the pocket.

nodoubt

Banned
SC51 is a great light but my quark 123 S2 kicks it's butt every time. The quark is a little wider but I edc it in the holster and keep it in the pocket.
try running it on an aw rcr123 and see what it looks like.......unreal output from such a small light.......

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
ScaryFatKidGT said:
but doesn't it cut the voltage after 15 second or so?

Not on the quark. It will go all out until the battery dies or cuts off (if protected).

DM51

Flashaholic
The thread has gone off topic.

The best thing to do is look up reviews for lights you are interested in, especially where they are compared to other lights. It's best not to rely on claims made by manufacturers, as they have different ways of measuring output.

Status
Not open for further replies.