I LOST MY ZEBRALIGHT SC51 :( Need a cheap AA light

Anto

Enlightened
Lost it helping out a patient at work :(
Now looking for another AA light. I need a small footprint & clicky would be nice. I wanted to get another SC51 but the risk for loss is too high, so I'm looking for something cheaper. I've been out of the game for a while, anything better come along yet?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldnt say any of these are better than the ZL, but definitely less expensive.

Fenix E11- just released, 2 mode clicky. bezel tight= high, bezel loose= low.
Jetbeam BA10 - same UI as fenix E11
Xeno 03 - uses XM-L or XP-G, med/low/high UI, no memory.

all these are under $40

Scubie67

Enlightened
Maybe you could just get some 550 paracord and attach it to a boltsnap and your light and then you can clip it on a beltloop so you dont loose it; kind of like a truckers wallet(military does this with pistols ).If you get cheaper light you may just loose it as well so that may not be the answer, but figuring out how to retain your light would be better solution.Just MHO.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just get another SC51 and be careful with it. It may not be the best light out there but it sure is one that is hard to beat. I don't think it is that expensive if you start comparing them to lights like HDS and Surefire.

saypat

Enlightened
sorry about the loss. Wish I had found it as it is on my buy list. High-mountain-outfitters.com has a few different Zebralights on sale at $49 if u are interested.

aimxplode

Enlightened
I wouldnt say any of these are better than the ZL, but definitely less expensive.

all these are under $40

+1 on the Jetbeam

Spin

Enlightened
If you use/require a light in a professional capacity then get another zebralight as a former poster suggested. You can also use it as a tax write-off.

MashBill

Newly Enlightened

all these are under $40

+1 on the Xeno 03!

choombak

Enlightened
Maybe you could just get some 550 paracord and attach it to a boltsnap and your light and then you can clip it on a beltloop so you dont loose it; kind of like a truckers wallet(military does this with pistols ).If you get cheaper light you may just loose it as well so that may not be the answer, but figuring out how to retain your light would be better solution.Just MHO.

+1 and exactly what I thought when I read the opening post. It is very important to refine your carry habits with experience, and also to keep idiots away from "curiously" borrowing your light and looking at the emitter and turning it on in the highest/strobe mode. I have no clue as to why mere mortals look at the business end while turning the flashlight on. :eek:

flame2000

Enlightened
Something cheaper, maybe a jetbeam BA10 or Fenix E11. But I have to say SC51 is still one of the best 1xAA light! :)

Lighteous

Enlightened
I have to agree with the others that suggest another SC51 with improved carry/loss prevention methodology. The SC51 is currently incomparable IMHO.

Scubie67

Enlightened
I have to agree with the others that suggest another SC51 with improved carry/loss prevention methodology. The SC51 is currently incomparable IMHO.

Yep,even though I am waiting for the Q50 from ZL,I have been putting considerable thought in getting the ZL SC51 for all its features and brightness in replacing my Fenix L1D Q2 for EDC.Technology in the last 4 years has moved remarkably fast in LEDs.I was amazed to see all the new emitters and binning that has come out since the Q2

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Want one dirt cheap? Get a Trustfire F25 SS. less than 20 bucks i think. :)

1284874126.jpg