Great single AA duel output flashlights for under $50?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac P10A. It's no longer made and was available only with a cool-white beam. But you might be able to still find it. There certainly haven't been many two-mode AA lights made, and the P10A has the easiest interface: Click the forward clickie for ON/OFF. LOW and HI are toggled by twisting the head one way or the other (not by requiring you to cycle it back and forth).

yowzer

Enlightened
I can't vouch for greatness, having never used any of these, but I'm looking into them for gifts: Klarus P1A, Jetbeam BA10, Fenix LD15, and Lumintop P1A.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I like the looks of the Fenix LD15 where the body is mostly all one size diameter.

I asked it in other thread, but I looking at the Photon Pro too.

Thanks for the replies.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
It could surely be more then two. I think the lights that are adjustable from low to high are awesome.
I would say the only thing it 'has to be' is that it takes only one AA battery and more then one output.

Things like clickie tail cap switch, glass lens and adjustable light from low to hight and other UI options would all be a plus.

mjydrafter

Newly Enlightened
I just made this decision, I decided on the Jetbeam BA10, thanks to some reaserch on this site.

I will also "need" a RRT-0, and perhaps someday one of those RRT-3XML's, but I don't think I can afford to feed it.:duh2:

speedsix

Enlightened
I own the Klarus P1A. It is a two mode. It is the type that you set it at the head and it stays high or low with each click. Sort of a single mode with two settings. Best way to have multiple modes that I have seen. If you mostly want low mode, set it to low and it is simple, on and off in low mode each time. Same for high mode. I keep mine set at low mode and when I need some extra oomph, I just twist the head and it is there. Really slick UI.

I am happy with the quality and light output. Nice mix of beam and flood and build quality is excellent. The rear clicky feels a little cheap and squishy but the clip and body are nice.

This light retails for $38 and I consider it a "Best Buy" for the money.

appliancejunk

Enlightened

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I own the Klarus P1A. It is a two mode. It is the type that you set it at the head and it stays high or low with each click. Sort of a single mode with two settings. Best way to have multiple modes that I have seen. If you mostly want low mode, set it to low and it is simple, on and off in low mode each time. Same for high mode. I keep mine set at low mode and when I need some extra oomph, I just twist the head and it is there. Really slick UI.

I am happy with the quality and light output. Nice mix of beam and flood and build quality is excellent. The rear clicky feels a little cheap and squishy but the clip and body are nice.

This light retails for $38 and I consider it a "Best Buy" for the money.

I like the looks of this one and like what i have been reading about it. In another one of your topic (think it was you) you reviewed it and said something about it being large for a 1xAA.

How large is it? Is it larger then a Inova X1?
Been looking for some photos that compare size.

Thanks,

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
Hi. You say you like the look of the LD15 - go for it, you won't be disappointed. It's a fine little light.

chrisbfu

Newly Enlightened
I can't vouch for greatness, having never used any of these, but I'm looking into them for gifts: Klarus P1A, Jetbeam BA10, Fenix LD15, and Lumintop P1A.

i just got the Jetbeam BA10 Yesterday, so far it's a pretty good light for around 30 bucks.

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
iTP SA1 w/R5 LED.

Both the tail switch and side switch makes choosing and memorizing the mode and brighntess level much easier, and its small size is suitable to carry everyday. Low-Med-High-Strobe modes allow you get high and low brightness levels quickly and directly, while the infinite adjustment beam function allows you to choose any brightness level within the spectrum. It also has a rugged metal body with unique knurling for tight grip, and is waterproof.

Features and Specifications:
  • LED Type: Cree R5
  • Function and Runtime: Low (6 lumens, 40 hours), Med (42 lumens, 4 hours), High (145 lumens, 1.5 hours), Strobe (10 Hertz, 3 hours), Digital Infinite Beam Adjustment (6-145 lumens)
  • Finish: HA Type III
  • Reflector: Smooth Reflector
  • Lens: Anti-shattering ultra clear lens, anti-scratching and anti-slip
  • Water and Dust Resistant to IP68
  • Switch: Tail switch for turning light on/off and Side switch for changing modes
  • Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F
  • Battery Type: (SA1) 1 x Alkaline, 1 x NI-MH, or 1 x 14500 Battery (Batteries not included)
  • Size and Weight: Length- 4.21 in (107mm), Diameter- 1.04 in (26.5mm), Weight- 2.36 oz (67 g) (Excluding Battery)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac P10A. It's no longer made and was available only with a cool-white beam. But you might be able to still find it. There certainly haven't been many two-mode AA lights made, and the P10A has the easiest interface: Click the forward clickie for ON/OFF. LOW and HI are toggled by twisting the head one way or the other (not by requiring you to cycle it back and forth).

Is low the bezel-off position, or high?

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I would say the only thing it 'has to be' is that it takes only one AA battery and more then one output.

Things like clickie tail cap switch, glass lens and adjustable light from low to hight and other UI options would all be a plus.

Oh, and I forgot to say: It must not be ugly !!!!

Fixed for you ..... ;)

TomH

Newly Enlightened
I'll throw out a recommend for the Streamlight Protac 1AA. I know it has 3 modes, but strobe is easily bypassed. I've been EDCing this light for over 6 months and absolutely love it.

Here's the link to Streamlight's webpage on this light: http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=199

Amazon is currently selling this light for $35 shipped. Great deal on a great light.

g.p.

Enlightened
Sorry, but I think that is one ugly light, lol...
Myself and many others thought the same thing until we saw one in person.

Gotta pick what's important to you. Some people want the smallest and brightest production AA light in the world, with the lowest low, the longest run time, a great user interface, and all in one tough package too. Some people want looks.