Going to a camp party, what to take with me.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it seems ridiculous, I do however feel that you guys will understand my dilemma.

I'm going to a friends bday party, there will be lots of people. She, rented a secluded cottage in the woods.
I want to take everything, but this is a social even and I'll be meeting lots of new people that aren't aware of my hobby. & since i don't know them, I don't want to hand out lights that may not return to me.

I have it narrowed to:
E1E with MN01 - with F04
E1E with E0-1R - with F04
3P with M31W
A2L-red
C3 with M91W
C2 with MN60 (KT turbohead, 3x 16340 because of the det ring extension, for the curious)
M4 with high Cri LED dropin

Ideally I'll take 2

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
C3 & either on of the E1Es would be my choice.(Keep the 3P in your bag) If you think there might be a chance that you'll have to hand out a light, make a quick stop at (insert name here) and pick up a couple of $3-5 cheapies on the way up.....Oh, while you're in the store don't forget to pick yourself up a headlamp just in case!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
A2L & C3!

Winner winner, chicken dinner. That way you have a good multi purpose light in the A2L, and a blinding light in the C3.

Also, not sure if they have Walmart up your way, but the Energizer head lamps for $4.88 are good party favors for friends.

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, the A2L-red and C3 were my favored 2.
A2l-Red for preserving night adapted vision + it has good throw in case.
C3 for wall of light. Navigating a path.
Since I'll be driving up with a friend I may lend him my 3p or stock e1e with f04.

The lights posted were just the ones I was considering taking. I do already have headlights, a petzl and a Surefire Saint. (my lights)
Also, we do have Walmart up here, and we'll even be getting Target stores soon!

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Enlightened
...I'm going to a friends bday party, there will be lots of people. She, rented a secluded cottage in the woods.

Condoms?

:)

Some sort of illumination tool couldn't hurt either.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need not worry about that my friend ;)
It was a ridiculous weekend. As this is a family forum, I'll share the flashlight related content only.

I carried my A2L-red and C3-M91W with me. I lend my friend my E1E-F04.
As I expected, out of the 30ish people, no one thought to bright a flashlight with them. I caught people BBQing with a lighter as a source of light, they later found a shake-light. My friend was happy to help them out with my e1e.

The grounds had several houses about 75-100 feet apart. i was walking a girl from one building to another, I lit up the path with my C3-M91W.
her:" awesome, you have a flashlight"
me:"it's my phone light"
her:"yah, i have a blackberry too"
I had a smirk on my face, she accepted that the wall of warm light that turned a forest into daylight was coming from my phone.

yifu

Enlightened
You need not worry about that my friend ;)
It was a ridiculous weekend. As this is a family forum, I'll share the flashlight related content only.

I carried my A2L-red and C3-M91W with me. I lend my friend my E1E-F04.
As I expected, out of the 30ish people, no one thought to bright a flashlight with them. I caught people BBQing with a lighter as a source of light, they later found a shake-light. My friend was happy to help them out with my e1e.

The grounds had several houses about 75-100 feet apart. i was walking a girl from one building to another, I lit up the path with my C3-M91W.
her:" awesome, you have a flashlight"
me:"it's my phone light"
her:"yah, i have a blackberry too"
I had a smirk on my face, she accepted that the wall of warm light that turned a forest into daylight was coming from my phone.
Time to get something A LOT brighter than 450 lumens maybe? Probably not since a phone LED is what, 30 lumens at best and she cant even see the difference between 13 times the output...

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Due to the family nature of this forum, please keep the discussion on flashlights. If you want to discuss adult topics, please do so in the Underground.

Thanks,
NOREAT