Streamlight PT 1AA Issues

bnemmie

Enlightened
So my PT 1AA has been riding faithfully in my front pocket for months. Other then some loss of the anodizing from rubbing up against my keys it has been worked flawlessly... until last week. I pulled it out to use it and, nothing. I figured the batt was dead somehow. So I swapped out a fresh AA and still nothing. I looked it over closely and didn't find anything what should prevent it from working. No moisture inside, no cracked lens, no broken springs, no loose parts...nothing. I swapped out the old tail-cap with one from a new in box PT 1AA and still nothing. Than I tried an new body with my old tail-cap and it worked fine. So the problem is my PT 1AA's body somehow. But I have no idea what. I don't even know if the body has a removable head. Anyone have any thoughts? I would like to get this one working again. I have a thing for battle scared lights. Thanks everyone.

bnemmie

Enlightened
I was afraid I would have to do that. I know Streamlight's Warranty is rock solid, I was just hoping to fix it myself. I tried cleaning the contacts with electrical contact cleaner but it didn't fix anything. Thanks for your input Robin24k.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like a strange problem, maybe something got loose inside the head. You could try opening the head by boiling it to loosen the threadlocking compound (search the forums, there should be many threads on how to do it), but you'll probably end up swapping it out either way, unless it's a simple fix.