Are only some of the LumaPower lights with Smart UI capable of this?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mentor for instance specifically states:
SMART UI: 3 levels, with memory (last level used) and you can also lock it into any 1 mode using 4 1/2 presses. So the light becomes a single mode with a tactical style interface.

While the Trust Model 1, which also has the Smart UI, you can apparently only do so with high (no four & a half press trick with this one?):
Leaving the head tightened snug will put the light in Maximum output mode. Loosening the head 1/4 of turn will place the light in a Smart UI where the 3 brightness levels are selected with momentary on/off from the tailcap.

Just an omission, or really not possible with the Trust Model 1 (or any of their 1xAA's)?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their 2xAA Vantage even specifies that this can be done. Only the 1xAA Trust Model 1's Smart UI doesn't claim to be able to lock into any one mode. It must have a different version of the smart ui, or that was just left off the specs.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked my Trust 1. With the head fully tightened the light has obviously a single mode, turbo. With the head loose you have low-med-high and if you quickly perform four times a half-press in anyone of these three levels you lock it.
The same happens with Incendio V3 except of course that the head is not part of the level selection.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great, thanks guys. Looks like the incendio is cr123a only, or is there an AA version of it too? Kilovolt- does yours tailstand without wobble, & works okay on L91's (edit: nevermind, I found the output graph of 100l x 1 1/2hrs on an energizer lithium). Otherwise these are too perfect, I'm going to have to try one.

Much appreciated.

Last edited: