Gene Malkoff - BEST customer service I have ever received!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Back in 2008 when I was searching for a drop in for my P60 many of you mentioned to go with a Malkoff drop-in. After some research and reading many a thread I decided to do just that. I contacted Gene whom was a pleasure to deal with over the phone and I made an order for an M60 along with some other items. I have since purchased other drop ins from Gene and again a pleasure.

To my surprise, about a week ago I noticed a large shadow spot in the center of the light pattern. Shook the light a few times but nothing and kept on using it. Last night while doing a range check (I'm a corrections officer), the shadow spot was around 6 inches in size when the light was approximately 3 feet from the wall. So upon getting back to my desk I unscrewed the head of the light and out fell the clear optic. Some how it had let go and would not seat properly. I sent a phone call and left a message on Gene's voicemail. Gene called me back this morning (10 hours later) and offered to replace the drop in at no additional cost.

Customer service like this is hard to come by and I can see once again why I, and why others continue to do business with Gene. Superb products and customer service second to none.

Thank you Gene!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene's the best!

I have never needed his customer service, but it's nice to know that he will really take care of you.
I have 6 of his products, and have never needed anything. They all work perfectly, and have never failed.
I'm a Malkoff customer for life.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are very friendly too. I remembered a long time ago I purchased a M60 (engraved), inside with the drop-in was a handwritten thank you note from Cathy (I believe that's Gene's wife???). I was equally impressed with their products and how they value their customers.

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Cathy is Gene's wife and you will always get a hand written note when your order from their site. Pretty rare these days for a company to do that.

scout24

Flashaholic
The folks at Malkoff are just wonderful to deal with. Definitely the best! The only other company I've gotten a hand written "thank you" on an invoice from is Oveready. I called Malkoff last week with a weaponlight question right around the time they opened, and wound up having a very nice, wide ranging B.S. session with the gentleman who answered the phone before leaving my phone number for a call back from Gene. By lunchtime, I'd gotten a call, question answered, and stuff in the mail. Definitely a customer for life as well! :twothumbs

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
No doubt, they are among the very best. You probably opened the door to many a story about their amazing customer service. I had a McClicky switch go bad - sent a short email, and with no questions asked Gene had a new switch in the mail the same day.

I hope to move back to my beloved home state of Alabama some time in 2013 - I plan to someday take the short drive to Enterprise and meet these fine folks "face to face".

I, too, appreciate Cathy's nice, handwritten notes. And I concur that Malkoff and Oveready are the only ones I've ever seen who offer that nice, simple, personal touch.

:twothumbs

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a McClicky switch go bad - sent a short email, and with no questions asked Gene had a new switch in the mail the same day.

Same thing happened to me, but in my case, he sent it halfway across the world. Kudos to Malkoff. :rock:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like this would be best served in the Marketplace where people might actually check for and see the cheer. Here it will just quickly drop off the radar and they won't get the credit for their extra effort.

scout24

Flashaholic
Certainly a valid point, but many of the "Malkoff Junkies" hang out over here, and I'll bet it's on the front page for a while. Perhaps a bit more exposure in LED Lighting, and you don't have to look specifically in the Cheers thread.

As an aside, and speaking to my opinion of the quality and reliability of Malkoff's products, I just installed my M61LLL in my MD2 in preparation for the possible power outages we may see here as a result of Sandy. 25 lumens FOREVER on 2x123, with a lower low if needed. Wildcat is ready to go, too. :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
We all appreciate Gene's great work. Cheers in the Cheers forum, Please continue there - Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.