Whats the deal with Jetbeam?

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
All right folks....

This is a simple question. Is Jetbeam still in business or not?

I understand that there were some issues with Sysmax / Niteye / Jetbeam / Nitecore and I was lead to believe that they (i.e. Jetbeam) were no more. Of course, there are many Nitecore lights coming out that are upgraded and updated versions of the old BC Series Jetbeams.

Their website, www.jetbeam.com is no more, however.... their other website, www.jet-beam.com still is up and running.

More interesting; than that, to me, is lightjunction has "new" Jetbeam lights due to arrive tomorrow..... http://www.lightjunction.com/JETBeam-Digital-Display-Series-Flashlights.html

So I ask, whats the deal with Jetbeam?

Thanks in advance.

- Jim Douglas II

aau007

Enlightened
It is www.jetbeamlight.com and they still existing in ShenZhen, China. They are producing a lot of Niteye these days. I have seen so many Niteye flooding around to seem like they are focusing a good amount of effort in that brand. As far as Jetbeam, only new is their digital series and does not look like they are heavily promoting.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
ftoqqq.jpg

seems like they're sort-of rebranding. their new boxes

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
i miss the old jetbeam.....(3m r2,m2s,rrt-1 r2)the military series is already forgotten... and no signs of updated.

the military series, specifically the jet 3M, has the best design and signature of the company, not like the BA-SERIES(basic cheap and not cool), etc

aau007

Enlightened
seems like they're sort-of rebranding. their new boxes

I like their old box with the magnetic flip better.

i miss the old jetbeam.....(3m r2,m2s,rrt-1 r2)the military series is already forgotten... and no signs of updated.

the military series, specifically the jet 3M, has the best design and signature of the company, not like the BA-SERIES(basic cheap and not cool), etc

I think their new series are more consumer grade. Casual users like gadgets like a digital readout to tell you you have "7", or "6", etc. battery juice left. Good for consumers and they should sell them at Walmart and Target or general sport goods store like Sport Chalet, etc.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was wondering why the m1xm lasted 2 minutes, the m1x has not been updated still mce ? reason for this ? m2s still going even though the m1xm was better then ditched ? very strange.

tam17

Enlightened
the military series, specifically the jet 3M, has the best design and signature of the company (...)

With JB's current production, methinks their older models are going to become most wanted items on CPFMP in the near future.

Used, of course.

Cheers

aau007

Enlightened
With JB's current production, methinks their older models are going to become most wanted items on CPFMP in the near future.

Used, of course.

Cheers

With so few of the older JB lights available in CPFMP, they are either unpopular or like by many that people hold on to them.

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened

Used, of course.

Cheers

my thoughts are the same

now i really need to get an old raptor rrt-1 r2, and also a jet 3m, before is too late and expensive to get...

tam17

Enlightened
With so few of the older JB lights available in CPFMP, they are either unpopular or like by many that people hold on to them.

To each his own, but I'd rather have any classic JB flashlight with IBS than this new geekiness queen with 7-segment display to tell me which mode I'm in. Older-run JB lights are most coveted by LEOs and die-hard hunters (at least that's where I live).

IMO there's a huge difference between no-BS craftsmanship and gadgeteering.

Cheers

aau007

Enlightened
my thoughts are the same

now i really need to get an old raptor rrt-1 r2, and also a jet 3m, before is too late and expensive to get...

Hope you got your 3M. A CPFMP dealer had the 3M-XML on clearance for $48.50 but I think they are all gone now.

To each his own, but I'd rather have any classic JB flashlight with IBS than this new geekiness queen with 7-segment display to tell me which mode I'm in. Older-run JB lights are most coveted by LEOs and die-hard hunters (at least that's where I live).

IMO there's a huge difference between no-BS craftsmanship and gadgeteering.

Cheers

I love my IBS Jetbeams. Still my favorite UI. Have been trying to find a Pro-III Ultra for a long time to no avail.

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
Hope you got your 3M. A CPFMP dealer had the 3M-XML on clearance for $48.50 but I think they are all gone now.

I love my IBS Jetbeams. Still my favorite UI. Have been trying to find a Pro-III Ultra for a long time to no avail.

actually i have both latest version : a 3m r5(xp-g) with a really heavy use on it and surface damage.... and my shelf queen and for special occasions use only and 3m xml(with a special smooth reflector on it, instead of the original "OP" )

but i want 2 more:
a- jet 3m OLD R2
b- another xml with smooth reflector to be able to use it like my edc :(

aau007

Enlightened
but i want 2 more:
a- jet 3m OLD R2
b- another xml with smooth reflector to be able to use it like my edc :(

There is a brand new 3M-xml on the bay now for $45 BIN but I think it is OP reflector.
Then Outfittercountry has R2 for $52.95

Last edited:

duro

Enlightened
Seriously, these new lights they're putting out are just plain dumb. It's time they get back to their design roots. Nitecore seems to be sort of doing that...

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
There is a brand new 3M-xml on the bay now for $45 BIN but I think it is OP reflector.

WHAT!!! really Outfittercountry??

wow I just find it. anyone know if i can change the reflector from op to smooth?

thank's aau007!!!

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened

I couldn't resisted. I already purchase the jet III-M R2 from outfittercountry...
my wallet hate's you aau007, but i have a 4inch smile on my face ;)

now the circle is complete

aau007

Enlightened
WHAT!!! really Outfittercountry??

wow I just find it. anyone know if i can change the reflector from op to smooth?

thank's aau007!!!

I couldn't resisted. I already purchase the jet III-M R2 from outfittercountry...
my wallet hate's you aau007, but i have a 4inch smile on my face ;)

now the circle is complete

Now we'll just have to find you that SMO for the R2, won't we?
http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jereas.html
Call or email Flavio to make sure the reflector will fit the R2 version.

Did you buy that $45 3M-xml on the bay also?

Now that your wallet is flatter, you have more room to shuff flashlights into them. :D:D:D