Surefire Nitrolon with non-Nitrolon parts compatibility?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I posted in CPFMP a WTB for a G3 fluorescent yellow body (only body) but I wanted to check and make sure:

1. the G3 bodies are compatible with 'regular' Z44 bezels, correct? I don't have to use a nitrolon bezel, right?

2. the G3 bodies are not compatible with non-Nitrolon tailcaps, correct?

am I correct about the above?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm at work, so I can't test my response, but:

1. The G3 bodies are compatible with the metal Z44 bezels.
2. I am almost positive that the G3 bodies are compatible with the metal tailcaps.

I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or deny shortly.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both a G3 and G2Z that I have put metal bezels on. I just swapped tailcaps between a G3 and a C3. The G3 tailcap worked on the C3 with no problem. While the C3 tailcap fit on the G3, and enabled it to work, the connection was a little bit strange, when screwing it on. As I screwed the C3 tailcap down, the G3 would turn on early, then turn off as I continued to tighten it, then finally turn on again 'near the end', where it was supposed to. I had to unscrew it 'more than normal' to get it to turn off. Concerning the aluminum 1xCR123a extender (A19), there was an earlier version that worked with the G2/G3, but the later version (which most of them were) does not.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The contact part of the tail cap on the G2 has a smaller diameter than the same part on the C2. That means that the O-ring has a larger diameter, too. The light coming on and going off as you tighten the tail cap is the larger diameter contact part making contact with the side of the inside of the body tube. If you upgrade it to a McClicky it'll work just fine on the G2.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
The firefighter fluorescent yellow light actually comes with a metal Z44 and Z59 clicky tail cap. The Z41's can be finicky though.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah thanks a lot yall! I assumed that because nitrolon is plastic or whatever it wouldn't be compatible with metal parts. Thanks everyone! Y'all have been an amazing help!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup all great replies in this thread.
search [h=1]Surefire G2D Fire Rescue[/h]&
[h=1]G2D-FYL[/h]
here's a pic of mine with cerakoted parts.
2lbkdwg.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have my yellow G2 at home and I am on road (so no photo), there is a yellow aluminum surefire bezel as I picked one up ~3 or 4 years ago and have it on mine. Also put a clicky retrofit (netkidz) in the tailcap. Yellow G2 with clicky. GREAT for the winter. Too nice to loan out (have a $25 solarforce host and XM-L drop-in coming for that).