Just got Olight S20 and S10, tint green on both.

paulsl

Enlightened
I just got both the lights because of the small size, output and run time. They look great as long as you don't turn them on. I can't believe what a greenish tint they have. Like some cheapo clone or worse. I will call the dealer and see if they are all like this in which case I think they will be returned. I should have read the thread on the S10 sooner. What a bummer.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very disappointing. Seems manufactures are getting a lot of green tint Cree XML`s lately. Wonder if Cree is trying to push off stocks/rolls that did not pass the test but...decided to get rid of them while switching over to the newer U3`s rather than trash them...? Makes me hesitant to buy right now...

awyeah

Enlightened
I think that may just be a characteristic of that LED. My TK41 U2 is also a little greenish.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think with Olight, 4Sevens, and Fenix, their XML lights can have a greenish tint. The dealer is not likely to have any better stock. It is not some recent Cree manufacturing thing at all.

how2

Enlightened
The Olight i6 I bought for $23 has a nice NW tint. My Sunwayman C10r has a greenish tint but it's not that bad.

vickers214

Enlightened
I have had about 12 or more eagltacs through my hands xpe,xpg,and xml and not one green tint all pure white........i tried 4 sevens, olight, terralux and other cheap lights and they had either green, blue, or violet tints, good money on lights where the manufacturer won't pay the little bit extra for a graded led gets on my nerves

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got both the lights because of the small size, output and run time. They look great as long as you don't turn them on. I can't believe what a greenish tint they have. Like some cheapo clone or worse. I will call the dealer and see if they are all like this in which case I think they will be returned. I should have read the thread on the S10 sooner. What a bummer.

Hi Guys.

This seems to be the "preferred" choice of beam tint by Olight nowadays.

Lately Olight have not stated what beam tint their S10 or S20 is.

If I am contemplating buying a certain flashlight then it would be nice to know the colour of the beam that I would be getting.

I see quite a few users on CPF think like myself in that regard.

Maybe Olight should just tell us the reasoning behind this choice of LED Tint and it would "help alleviate a lot of speculation" about why Olight do these things.

I just wish that they gave us a "CHOICE" of Cool White or Neutral as other Flashlight Companies do!

CHEERS

Last edited:

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
I have had about 12 or more eagltacs through my hands xpe,xpg,and xml and not one green tint all pure white........i tried 4 sevens, olight, terralux and other cheap lights and they had either green, blue, or violet tints, good money on lights where the manufacturer won't pay the little bit extra for a graded led gets on my nerves

So does eagletac use graded leds? I'm very interested in some eagletac lights lately. That would be pro eagletac. I also noticed that you can't get eagletac lights from the known chinese vendors. Why is that?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Not good news... I had high hopes for the S20. Selfbuilt has one for testing and should have a review up in the next week or two. I'm curious how his sample looks.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
It does not sound good this issue with tint green on the S10 and the S20. Can you upload a wall beamshot of a S20 so that one can see how it looks like? So far i have not read any review about the S20, but i am waiting for Selfbuilt to make a review. Maybe the greenish tint lights is just from a poor badge?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My S10 had a green tint. I swapped the emitter for a 5000k neutral XML. That had a yellow tint. Swapped it again for a 4000K XML.... orange tint. None of the tints looked satisfactory.

I think part of the problem is that the S10 (and possibly the S20) is not driven very hard and this is causing tint shift in the emitters. I got a perfect tint when I swapped the emitter for a less powerful Nichia 219 4500K 92 CRI emitter... but the light isn't very bright.

The S20 maybe the same. Perhaps you should try a different emitter in it. It's not hard to swap as long as you have basic soldering skills.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the greenish tint lights is just from a poor badge?

It's Cree ;)

A quick update. A friend of mine who doesnt want to out himself recently got his copy of the Sirius. He is into Titanium collecting like me. I have Eagletac Ti, ITP Ti, he has Quark Ti, Olight S10 Ti, a.o.

He said that his M11R Sirius is as greenish as his Olight S10 Ti but he wont return it to the seller: the Titanium be too yummy. On CPF/CPFMP several people (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, ..) complain about the VERY greenish tint of their S10 Ti "Baton". :green:

Since buying a very greenish Quark X last year during Black Friday Blitz Sale Weekend, i've gotten myself allergic to expensive lights with greenish tints, i must admit ymmv. I never liked the S10 Baton, so i dont bother if it's greenish XML. But the Sirius, seriously??

What are you paying for then, if the LED's beam aint better than my Ultrafire budget light with CREE xml u2?

Wow, that's a real bummer. SWM lets us down (as before in other SWM releases with greenish tints). Well, actually it is CREE who lets us down. Not SWM's fault if CREE produces greenish tinted XML's.

Also check out the Zebralight SC52 thread (OP)..

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's Cree ;)

On the other hand some XML lights have quite nice tints. I quite like the 4500k tint in all 3 of my D25 neutrals, even when driven on less powerful AA. And I like the nice white tint on my Zebralight SC52.

paulsl

Enlightened
I appreciate all the responses. I'll try to get some beam shots with other lights to compare tonight.

For OZ I have never seen most of the name brands we flashaholics like in stores. usually, only the ones you mention.

It does not sound good this issue with tint green on the S10 and the S20. Can you upload a wall beamshot of a S20 so that one can see how it looks like? So far i have not read any review about the S20, but i am waiting for Selfbuilt to make a review. Maybe the greenish tint lights is just from a poor badge?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I appreciate all the responses. I'll try to get some beam shots with other lights to compare tonight.

For OZ I have never seen most of the name brands we flashaholics like in stores. usually, only the ones you mention.

I have had my eyes on the S20 since it was launched and is waiting for it to be available from my dealer. What your experiencing does not sound so good. It´s going to be interesting to see comparsion beamshots how greenish tints they have.

vickers214

Enlightened
So does eagletac use graded leds? I'm very interested in some eagletac lights lately. That would be pro eagletac. I also noticed that you can't get eagletac lights from the known chinese vendors. Why is that?

I was told by a dealer of theirs that they pay extra for the better tints and i have no reason to doubt it, try one you will be impressed, as for the Chinese vendors i guess they screen their dealers better too

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by a dealer of theirs that they pay extra for the better tints and i have no reason to doubt it, try one you will be impressed, as for the Chinese vendors i guess they screen their dealers better too

Makes sense. I have three D25s. All with 4500k neutral tint. The tint is amazing. By far the best XML tint I've seen. The quality of light and tint looks very similar to that put out by my 4500k Nichia 219 92 CRI light, though the Eagletacs on IMR are much brighter.

ragweed

Enlightened
I have one that is slightly greenish tint from Dorcy. It really does not bother me.