bought 2 new jetbeam bc40s help

Sonomaholiday

Newly Enlightened
ok - I know im new to this forum and bought 2 jetbeam bc40s - while waiting for the shipment of my rechargables, i decided i couldnt wait and purchased ( yikes) 4 cr123 batteries... i inserted them correctly - nothing happened when clicking it on. decided to try the other flashlight. same thing... ok possible the batteries brand new were dead. went out and bought another brand - same thing. no light. nothing. i twisted the head to make sure everything was tight. is there something i am supposed to be doing when one purchases a new flashlight - besides swearing alot?

hope this post makes it to the forum ...

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a rare case you could have a bad tailcap switch. Put the batteries in, then use a paper clip to connect the battery to the flashlight body. At least this will eliminate one possible cause. If you have any kind of meter available---check the batteries. More than likely they are ok. It seems unlikely that you would get 2 bad flashlights. Let us know if you figure it out!

You could also e-mail or call the dealer you bought them from...hope it wasn't E-bay.

Last edited:

Sonomaholiday

Newly Enlightened
On a rare case you could have a bad tailcap switch. Put the batteries in, then use a paper clip to connect the battery to the flashlight body. At least this will eliminate one possible cause. If you have any kind of meter available---check the batteries. More than likely they are ok. It seems unlikely that you would get 2 bad flashlights. Let us know if you figure it out!

You could also e-mail or call the dealer you bought them from...hope it wasn't E-bay.

well from all the reading ive been doing on here and after o luck with the paper clip trick - i decided that if you guys are switching out parts and re-working these things, the very least i could do was to unscrew the tube from the light. And there they were - silica jell packets blocking the contact - on both flashlights.

- im happy this thing has a low setting, all the chickens in the neighborhood may of thought it was daylight on full blast.

i think my dogs will be safe from cars not being able to see us.... also , helicopters, planes and space stations.

thank you for all the help and reccomendations

joe

Last edited by a moderator:

jbrett14

Enlightened
Good to hear that you solved the problem. These are GREAT lights with a fantastic spread of light and fair amount of throw. Enjoy it!

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I also have two Jetbeam BC40s at home. One of them wasn't working and I soon realized that the cigar grip was blocking the tailcap to screw in fully and breaking the contact. I use it without grip and it's ok.