Streamlight Poly Stinger DS won't hold charge

ndrw

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have had a problem with my polystinger where it drains the battery somehow. I am a police officer and I will take the flashlight off the charger prior to my shift and by the end of the shift (even if I don't use the flashlight), it will be dead. I have replaced the battery recently and still have this problem. Anyone have any recommendations on what part needs replacing or why this problem is occurring? Thanks.

Andrew

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Poly Stinger DS Won't Hold Charge

Andrew,

Fellow copper here. Well, actually I retired 2 years ago and I am now a Law Enforcement Officer at a quasi-federal gig. Anyway, it sounds to me like it isn't charging on your charger for whatever reason. Do you have a different charger at the PD or one of the other coppers might have one that you can borrow? You might want to take a Q-Tip with some alcohol and clean the charger contacts on the light and the charger cradle. Then give some thought to upgrading to a TerraLUX! Just kidding, since I think the TerraLUX upgrade is runs too hot for the Poly Stinger. Or, considering how important light is in this business, consider a second Streamlight Stinger, do the TerraLUX LED upgrade, and then keep one on your belt and a second one in the charger in the car. Then swap them out as needed. Also, many Battery Plus locations are authorized repair shops. Go to their website, find your nearby store, and bring what you have in to them. I brought a WELL USED Streamlight Stinger into thjem a year or so ago and they replaced the switch at NO CHARGE TO ME! Good luck!

Jim

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I have had a problem with my polystinger where it drains the battery somehow. I am a police officer and I will take the flashlight off the charger prior to my shift and by the end of the shift (even if I don't use the flashlight), it will be dead. I have replaced the battery recently and still have this problem. Anyone have any recommendations on what part needs replacing or why this problem is occurring? Thanks.

Andrew

Send it to Streamlight. There's a short in the LED switch/module.