Eagtac TX25C2...First impressions

Gumboot

Newly Enlightened
Received theTX25C2 neutral yesterday and had the chance to try it out last night while walking the dog around the property. I must say it's an it's impressive compact and pocketable thrower. I compaired it to the only light I have thats in its class which is the Zebralight SC600 W. The deep reflector produces a beam narrower than the ZL600 providing great throw. The transition from the hot spot to the bright spill is very smooth. Great spill. Eagtac did a wonderfull job designing the refector. The XM-L 4300K LED is whiter than the ZL600W and lights things up at a distance. I also like the fact that I have instant access to 852 ANSI lumens,momentary on, with a push and hold. Being able to select the output before switching on is also a nice feature. Wonderfull pocketable thrower with nice tint and great beam.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the TX25C2 neutral yesterday and had the chance to try it out last night while walking the dog around the property. I must say it's an impressive compact and pocketable thrower.

Since my Eagletac D25C XMLU2 cool white has a nice white tint,
I stuck with the cool white version again.

Last edited:

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Eagletac and Christina informed me that the new TX25C2 XM-L2 should be available in the U.S. in about 2 weeks. This is rated at 965 ANSI lumens (7% less for neutral white) and a runtime of around 1.8 hrs on an (3400mah I believe) 18650. I'm holding out for this one. I saw the Olight M22 Warrior. It has the same overall rating, but I don't like the BIG automatic step downs in output and it looks kind of 'clunky'. I hope Eagletac is better in the sustained output department.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Great news! What dealer sells these? or has a Pre-order going now?

Eagletac lists all U.S. dealers on their website, along with links to their sites. I buy most of my flashlights from GoingGear.com. I've had pretty good luck with them so far. As of this writing they they don't have any of the new TX's yet, but expect them soon, according to the person I spoke with.