What is the SureFire L1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1-1

Enlightened
You see it appear in pictures occasionally...with a funny looking tailcap...so what is it?!
smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
funny! i just asked that question less than 10 minutes ago in another thread!

i assume it's a prototype...unfortunately. it's very attractive.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
A digital regulated Lumamax, 13-20 lumens, 1W LS led like the one one KL1/KL3, 1x CR123,150 mins.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
bah...i can make my own led lights, i can't make incandescants...

do any other lights (high powered incans) have a similar body?

so anyway, is the l1 a proto, are there plans for production?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
After the A2 fiasco here, I'm keeping out of this beyond one simple statement:

The L1 *WILL* raise the bar.

- Don

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by alberto:
Here's a picture on a Japanese site that purports to be the Surefire digital L1 and L2.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The L1 in the SureFire catalog is an entire light not just a replacement bezel.
The picture looks like a KL1 to me.

alberto

Enlightened
Ummm... A KL1 has ribs and is the same whether it's fitted to an E1 or E2. These things don't have ribs and appear to be two different products, depending on whether they're on the E1 or E2.

Is is possible these are actually "old" products, maybe prototypes of the KL1? But the date on the Japanese post/pictures was December 2002.

Al

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prototype picture coupled with Japanese misinformation?

Here's the L1 as I've always seen it:
a2-latest.jpg

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's the L1 in GJW's picture.

The L1 uses a single 1W Luxeon Star LED. I hope the delay is that they will use a high dome LS but the original design called for a LD luxeon.

It's powered by a single 123 and has a 2 stage dimmmer switch (high & low output). Press the button for momentary low output, press a bit harder for full on.

For constant on twist the tailcap and light comes on in low output (you can now press tailcap switch for momentary full on). Keep twisting for full power on.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
The information on the Japanese page appears to be incorrect (and is dated October last year, in any case)

A more accurate translation of it is:

"The L1 Digital Lumamax is a replacement head for the E1 Executive light, brightness of 15 lumens, 1 hour running time at full brightness"

Second part is the same, but E2/different brightness, run time.

Seems like out of date/inaccurate info to me.

Graham

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Sean:
[QB]....It's powered by a single 123.....[QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One 123 in that long body? Even with dimmer switch that seems excessive.

Brightnom

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Sounds like your desribing the KL1, guy's

Remember that the 2002 catalogue, has a lot of vapourware in it. A lot of those things are prototype photos.

Sean has the best desription of the L1, it does have a two position switch from the 10x.

Time will tell what the L1 will finally look like, it's all rumour and speculation until Tacticalwarehouse advertises it for sale.

Geoff

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Graham.:
The information on the Japanese page appears to be incorrect (and is dated October last year, in any case)

A more accurate translation of it is:

"The L1 Digital Lumamax is a replacement head for the E1 Executive light, brightness of 15 lumens, 1 hour running time at full brightness"

Second part is the same, but E2/different brightness, run time.

Seems like out of date/inaccurate info to me.

Graham
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is correct except it should read KL1 and not L1. They left off the K.
smile.gif

Originally posted by brightnorm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Sean:
[QB]....It's powered by a single 123.....[QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One 123 in that long body? Even with dimmer switch that seems excessive.

Brightnom
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you look closely at the picture you can see there is only enough room for 1 123. They had a 2 cell version in the 2002 catalog also. It was called the L2 and it was the length of the A2.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I would have thought too, but the pictures don't show anyting like a KL1, and the runtime/brightness they mention doesn't match the KL1 - they describe a different device for the E1 and the E2..

Graham

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Graham.:
That's what I would have thought too, but the pictures don't show anyting like a KL1, and the runtime/brightness they mention doesn't match the KL1 - they describe a different device for the E1 and the E2..

Graham
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually the pictures that alberto is showing above come directly from the Surefire catalog as pictures of the KL1. The production KL1's happen to look different than the prototypes used in the Surefire catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.