New Banner!

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the new banner:

I got the home page to load, and it looks like a really sweet site. Couldn't get much else to load though. It was acting like it was loading really slow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have committed HTML Programming Sin #1 - using image height and width code to *reduce* large files. I picked one at random, it was 80-odd KB and 640x480, squeezed into a little 100x75 thum. And of course you still have to download all those ~640x480 graphic in order to view them.

Guys - shrink your preview images *before*, don`t use HTML to shrink them *after*. A 100x75 image should be under 5Kb, less if you GIF it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
Yes, it is the improper use of the width and height attributes of their image tags that is slowing the site down.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
???????
this leads me to a site in German (?) proposing the osCommerce software with an example shop ...
bernhard

Catapult

Enlightened
Makes me wonder if most osCommerce driven websites operate this slow. The Sandwich Shoppe is powered by them, and also takes some time to load, but not as much as Golden Gadget's. They should resize the images manually instead of relying on html to do it for them.

They have what looks excatly like the Nuwai 3 in 1 lights, except that they're labeled "HIGH PRESSURE XENON ULTRA-BRIGHT LED" instead of Xenergy. The price is a third lower too. Are these made by Nuwai, or just really good imitations?

And is the 3 LED retrofit bulb any good?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This is the same company that sells a mirrored LED turntable light that {vulgar term for multiple feces} itself. I don't know how their other products are, but don't buy that lamp unless you want to be {vulgar term for having had intercourse}.

I have a review of this lamp right {vulgar term for having intercourse} here if you're {vulgar term for having intercourse} interested.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif