What do I have ??

Slinger646

Newly Enlightened
All it says is Coleman. The entire light is rubber armored, 3D cell. I got 3 for $1.50. I figured they'd be good GP lights for outages and such.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hohikh.jpg

Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Why would you think that a cheap light would be good for outages and such? If you are relying on a piece of gear in an emergency situation wouldn't it make sense to have the best gear that you can afford and use something like this flashlight to knock around or whatever (maybe a loaner that you never ask back for).

TronPlayer

Newly Enlightened
So you use your good lights when the power is on, and the cheapies when it is off? :whistle:

patpacman1214

Newly Enlightened
So you use your good lights when the power is on, and the cheapies when it is off? :whistle:
I think Knight_Light means the other way around. Use cheapo lights for when the power is on and it doesnt matter if it really works or not, and good dependable lights for when you absolutely must have light.Is it LED or incan? I would probably put an led drop in if you are gonna use it for an emergency light if it is an incan.

Last edited:

Slinger646

Newly Enlightened
Wow, tough crowd.

I have plenty of surefire lights in various flavors from work as well as several Suvivors and Liteboxes at home. I suppose if it isn't top of the line, it isn't crap.

I have never seen this type of light and it looked well built for a general purpose light and a light to give the kids/neighbors.

For .50/ea I guess I overpaid.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I agree with the kids and neighbors part. But get a couple of good, decent, inexpensive, LED headlamps for you and the Mrs.

Along with a decent LED lantern.

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
It's always good to have some extra lights around. As others have said, an LED drop in bulb would give great run times.

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Wow, tough crowd.

I have plenty of surefire lights in various flavors from work as well as several Suvivors and Liteboxes at home. I suppose if it isn't top of the line, it isn't crap.

I have never seen this type of light and it looked well built for a general purpose light and a light to give the kids/neighbors.

For .50/ea I guess I overpaid.
I think cheap lights definitely have a purpose, and that purpose is probably different for some people then for others. The problem with having cheap lights for potential emergency situations is that even if they are built somewhat sturdy is that the efficiency of those lights is so poor that it can burn through your power sources (batteries) fairly quickly, potentially leaving you in a situation with no light.