SRTH Questions...

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

My E2C adaptor arrived today.

I am thinking about getting a 3x123 McLux battery pack and a SRTH. What lamps might be appropriate for this combination.

I also have a spare e2e body, which lamps would be appropriate for the SRTH+E2C+E2E body?

Thanks,

Jerry

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MN15 and 16 will work but are a bit oblong the N2 is the best option with a nice tight round beam.

Size15's

Flashaholic
This is an urban legend of course.
It actually means "Short Rim TurboHead" rather than the "long [internally threaded] rim of the 12PM/12ZM/Leopard.

The LPS "SRTH" is known in SureFire as the T-62 (no lamp).

Al

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the education Al, I never did realize that!

If it's short rim, does that mean it's going to expose the threads of the SFs which has long rims? I tot they are all the same?

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm... I thought it was the 3" that had two versions. Do they? Someone somewhere mentioned that one of them was better than the other. One were bell shaped the other were more angled I think.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=214740&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

there is the link..
I got those photos from jtivat, here they are:

fa55f72d.jpg

fa55f72f.jpg

K-T

*Moderator*
Ali, these two turboheads on the picture are not these ones whe are talking about. They are 3" Turboheads, the different shape is due to the change made while these Turboheads evolved. It could be that the bell-shaped Turbohead was an earlier one with a smooth nontextured reflector. Surefire changed that to reduce artefacts by giving the reflector a slightly textured surface. People tend to like the earlier one as it seems to have more throw.

What Al is talking about is a different rim. The Turbhead on the 12PM/ZM/Leopard had a little rim/lip with threading on the inside to attach/screw filters onto it, the SRTH (T-62) heads don't have this threading.

Klaus.

K-T

*Moderator*
Al, send them, I'll post them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
These look great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have been looking for a good turbo head.
Something about 3"

Anyone know how the 3" Carley ones compair to the SF ones?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I highly recommend the SRTH, as it is a more compact version of the 3" turbo heads that performs nearly as well. You won't be disappointed! There are some good comparison threads about the SRTH vs. 3" turbo heads if you want to go search them. I believe they were done by Brightnorm.

Also, if an additional battery can be added to get 12v total, another bulb option for the SRTH is the 500 Lumen N62! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It is pretty dang amazing with the N62, but you'll overheat the batteries and trigger their thermal fuse in about 3 minutes, and you only get about 18 minutes of runtime (six glorious 3 minute runs) total!!!

My SRTH with N2 LOLA is my "go-to" incandescent light. You will be surprised just how bright "only" 105 Lumens is when focused so well.

The only problem with the N2 bulb is it's availability. I don't know of anywhere that doesn't have them backordered. It took me nearly three months to get mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif, that's how bad it is. I recall someone saying that Surefire had them in stock if you called them directly, but I can't verify this.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I talked to LPS on 12/09/03 about the N2 and I was told there was no more shortage. I received four N2s today from LPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Here is the picture Al send me:
fa546d3a.jpg

He wrote:
"Top Left: Millennium TurboHead
Top Right: "12PM" TurboHead
Bottom Left: "KT-BK" TurboHead
Bottom Right: "T-62" TurboHead (aka SRTH)
Far Right: "T" TurboHead

See how the 12PM has a longer rim that is threaded on the inside [for an IR BeamFilter]
Notice that there is a difference in the reflector finish across the different types..."

Klaus.