ThruNite TN32?

Bullyson

Enlightened
There's nothing about the light on ThruNite's website. It should be at the top of any page on this board. Just refresh until it comes up. And it will show the Lynx first then change to the TN32.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
TN32_zps643bafee.jpg

The picture is from the banner which merges alternately among the other banners at the top of the CPF page .I can´t find more info at ThruNites website though,and nothing is revealed at ThruNites section at CPF marketplace either yet. I´d like to know more about this light! :)

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't appear to be anything new. Just an updated TN31 model.
I guess you failed to see the bright shiny SS ring just below the head? This is interesting and new to the TN line of flashlights. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this light as I want the TN31 badly.:)

kj2

Flashaholic
I guess you failed to see the bright shiny SS ring just below the head? This is interesting and new to the TN line of flashlights. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this light as I want the TN31 badly.:)
But still, it looks like a regular update.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
Not sure of manufacturers claims, but if a TN32 throws 727 meters, and the TK75 L2 version will throw 690 meters with a lot of usable light, is it worth buying the TN32, if I already have the TK75? If not, I'm going to start looking for another Christmas present for myself.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure of manufacturers claims, but if a TN32 throws 727 meters, and the TK75 L2 version will throw 690 meters with a lot of usable light, is it worth buying the TN32, if I already have the TK75? If not, I'm going to start looking for another Christmas present for myself.

Short answer: no. You probably won't be able to tell the difference in throw, and the TK75 gives a LOT more light. If you want throw, check out the K40vn. THAT will make a real difference in perceived throw, not just on paper.

Esko

Enlightened
Doesn't appear to be anything new. Just an updated TN31 model.

It looks like it is a TN31 on steroids. Better heat sinking with copper (weight 650g vs. 453g) and the led is more overdriven (1702lm/1,5h vs. 1376lm/2h).

It says that the shiny ring is plated copper. I hope they planted the actual led on copper, too. If it is just a hollow looking ring (looks like that in the pic), it doesn't make much difference.

peartree_423

Newly Enlightened
Are the extra lumens compared to the tn31 xml2 used for a more floody beam profile?:twothumbs

Bronco

Enlightened
Are the extra lumens compared to the tn31 xml2 used for a more floody beam profile?:twothumbs

Well, Thrunite is claiming that their ~25% increase in lumens is yielding a cd bump of almost 50%, so I'm going to have to guess probably not. ;)

Last edited:

peartree_423

Newly Enlightened
Well, Thrunite is claiming that their ~25% increase in lumens is yielding a cd bump of almost 50%, so I'm going to have to guess probably not. ;)

I'm pretty new at this so this might be a dumb question, but does more cd yield more throw? If it does, why does the description on the thrunite website say that the maximum beam distance is less than that of the thrunite tn31 xm-l2?:confused: