Infinite Control Keychain Flashlight

recDNA

Flashaholic
I currently carry an eagletac d25c on my keychain so I can tolerate a flashlight that size on my keychain but no bigger. My eagletac no longer dependably goes to lower power when I loosen head. This is unacceptable because I sometimes need to illuminate a specimen without blinding a student (as I did in lab the other night). I really love the adjustment wheel rather than tapping the clicky or twisting back and forth like a 4sevens mini.

I'd prefer at least 1.5 amps max output (lights shut off in lab by themselves and I like to illuminate the entire area while I wave my arms like a fool to turn them back on).

The fly in the ointment is I do not want to spend a fortune. Xpg2 or xml would be best.

Must be no bigger than d25c and must have a keychain loop. Although I like clickies an adjustment of the head starting at off then gradually brighter as I turn head in one direction (not back and forth!) would be fine. I prefer no flashy modes but if turning in the opposite direction (to avoid accidental flashiness) is good.

Multiple modes rather than infinite adjustment are also ok as long as I just turn in one direction starting at lowest and advancing toward highest output as I twist in one direction

Must be under $100, preferably well under.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Me too would like to have an infinite control keychain flashlight, but so far i have not find any small enough to be carried on a keychain. The smallest infinite ui so far i´ve seen is the Sunwayman M11R which is 75mm long compared to the Eagletac d25c which is 69 mm long, which i consider to big to be carried on a keychain. I´d like to see a mini M11r powered by a CR2 battery with an lenght of 50 mm, then it wold be a great infinite controlled keychain light.

Otherwise if you can accept the twisty ui, then i can recommend the Foursevens Mini MLR2 which is lightweight and 50 mm long . It starts at the lowest mode and goes higher for every twist.It´s retailprice is around 40$.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I always seem to want lights that don't exist. 😭

I have a mini. Hate the interface. I don't even know where it is. The atom interface isn't too bad but I'd like more output and more control of low output.

Last edited:

Snareman

Enlightened
What's about a sunwayman v10 or v11r? Control ring but just a little larger. I have video reviews on them if you want to check them out

recDNA

Flashaholic
What's about a sunwayman v10 or v11r? Control ring but just a little larger. I have video reviews on them if you want to check them out

Do they have holes for keyrings? If on sale cheap somewhere can someone pm me where I can get the best price?

Edit: nah, nevermind... I just read a review and for that money I expect better.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I hear you... I have wanted an AAA version of the SF Titan/ T1A for years. Had my hopes up when the control ring lights showed up on the scene, but everyone seemed intent on stuffing XM-L's in them at 500 lumens rather than making them smaller... :(

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've given up on AAA. I'm looking for a cr123 in this thread. The advantage of xml in a keychain light is more for flood than lumens imo.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I hope this thread doesn't need to last as long as the other before finding a suitable device!

Conte

Enlightened
Have you considered getting your d25C a cleaning and tuneup. Probably just dirty contacts or something, there has got to be a few dozen people on this forum that can fix it up for you, including myself, but I'm in Canada.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks but the problems with the d25c are what made me think about what I really want... Either a magnetic control ring or multistep ring allowing me to quickly and easily choose the best brightness without remembering some complicated set of steps to perfect brightness settings.

The d25c problem may be related to the fact it has a custom 2 amp driver.

ven

Flashaholic
I like the v11r quite a lot,i dont use ext and feed it 16340 cells (or 123 if prefer). Has momentary,can change brightness before switching on and goes very low to around 500lm.

Sure some deals i read other day for around $60 or so.

next to a d25cvn ti

recDNA

Flashaholic
Review claims poorly regulated (does not hold lumens constant) at any level below max and magnetic control wheel so tight you can accidentally unscrew the head trying to adjust output.. Next to the eagletac it also looks too big for my keyring. Might be shorter without the clicky (metal clicky funky too).

ven

Flashaholic
Funny you should say that,i dropped a 14500 IMR cell in it with the ext just to try out,and it unscrewed the body ext. However nipping it up secure stopped it straight away. The control i find is spot on,not too loose to move accidental,but can be moved one handed whilst holding easily.

Yes it is a little bigger than the d25c,but without ext i have had no issue of it coming loose anywhere.

Maybe send your d25c off to vinh,get a new tint or modded if you like it:) Other than that there is the srt3 but again bigger still..................

If your budget could go up a little then the HDS EDC would be a great investment:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Not too sure rec tbh,iirc its a 123 light though so should not be too big,cant find measurements on the site.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Kind of expensive and big but thanks for the suggestion. Is the old v10 smaller than the v11?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Same size as what? I found specs... Way too big for keyring
measures 3.8" long x 1" head diameter
• weighs 3.6 ounces with battery

Last edited: