The best $100 upgrade for Surefire 9P with Malkoff M61LLL 219

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the $100, roll it in a tube and stick it in the body. This will eliminate the battery rattle. Actually any denomination will work but $100 Note is best because you can always take it out and spend it in an emergency. It's kind of a neat way to keep extra tokens on you.

The FiveMega 9P body can take up to 300 token upgrade.

scout24

Flashaholic
Nice. I was expecting something like a bezel ring, McClicky kit, a couple 17500's and a Li-ion charger... :)

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
I don't have the 9P, but the I do have the 6P that I made several upgrades over the last few years. Among them was I bored it out to accept 18650s, installed a McClicky switch with GITD switch cap, and I have on the way a new SS bezel ring. I won't mention the new Vihn light engine since you already have a Malkoff.

Of those upgrades, I would say the McClicky was the best. I really like it over the old twist cap. So I recommend start there.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you lose it, it would be very expensive!

Or better yet, just get the 9P bored to accept 18650 cells. Much better run times.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Take the $100, roll it in a tube and stick it in the body. This will eliminate the battery rattle. Actually any denomination will work but $100 Note is best because you can always take it out and spend it in an emergency. It's kind of a neat way to keep extra tokens on you.

The FiveMega 9P body can take up to 300 token upgrade.

I assume you'd run this with 2 x AA batteries, hence the battery rattle? I have a similar setup, but I'm running with an Oveready bored 9P with an M61L. Good tradeoff between brightness and runtime IMO. And it can run off 2 x AA's, 3 cr123a's, 2 x 18500's or 1 x 18650 with a spacer.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "standard" Surefire 9P body can in fact take a single Note and 123s for a perfect fit. the rattle is not very bad but with the note inserted, you hear nothing at all.

A "standard" Surefire 9P body with 2xAA I think takes about 3 notes to feel right and a FiveMega or a bored 9P body will require 3 if using 123s, and 4 if using AAs. I could be off a little but that's the idea.

this is just a dual purpose device and a safe way to carry cash in case you lose your wallet, or get robbed, or something. It also has the additional advantage of being waterproof.

So this method turns your 9P into a wallet.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you lose it, it would be very expensive!

Or better yet, just get the 9P bored to accept 18650 cells. Much better run times.

That is correct. So just don't lose it. Get a dedicated holster for it, or a pocket in cargo pants. don't use regular pants pockets because it has a tendency to fall out when sitting down. 6P you might get away with, but 9P I've lost many time in a car, etc. because it's just too long to fit in a pants pocket.
I've recovered it every time but it has been an aggravating experience.